Are You Sure He's Cheating?

Diggy's POV

I couldn't sleep. The thought of my parents even THINKING about separating, or even divorcing, made me nervous. I decided I needed some fresh air. When I went outside, I saw mom sitting on the balcony.

I walked up to her. I was going to speak when I heard her sniffling. It was then when I realized that she was crying.

"Mom?" I said, just above a whisper.

She turned toward me. "Oh, hey son" she said wiping her eyes and trying to hide the hurt in her voice. "You couldn't sleep either?" She asked me but it kind of seemed like she was talking to herself.

"Nope" I said, sitting down next to her.

"Did you hear?" she had asked, referring to the argument she had with dad.

I simply nodded my head. She looked down, and when she looked back up tears streamed from her eyes. I hated seeing her like this. I hugged her, waiting about 30 minutes before letting her go.

"I don't know what more to do" she said in between sobs. "I try my hardest to be a good wife and be faithful to him! And this is how he repays me?!" she screamed with hurt and anger in her voice.

"Mom, are you sure he's even cheating? It could just be a big misunderstanding" I said, hoping that it was true.

She looked at me, picked up the envelope that was on her lap, and tossed it toward me. I was kind of hesitant to open it, but I did anyways. I looked up at my mom in disbelief. The envelope was full of pictures... Of my dad and some random woman. I saw them hugging, kissing, and I even saw a few of the text messages that were sent to each other. It looks like they had been screenshotted. It said things like "Cant wait for tonight" or "My place at 8?"

I looked up at my mom. "Where did you get these?"

"I had a feeling Daniel. This led me to hire a private investigation team to spy on him. Plus, he always came home at different hours of the day smelling like sex and cheap perfume. I knew the truth, i just didnt want to believe it. They sent back these pictures. And I saw the messages in his phone, screenshotted them, and sent them to my phone." Her voice was cracking when she spoke.

I clenched my jaw. At this point, I was beyond pissed. Why would he do something like this to my mom, and to me? Was he trying to break up out family on purpose? Because that's what it seems like!

"Mom, Im so sorry" I said.

"It's okay" she said hugging me.

"I just don't know why he would do this to us." I said, shaking my head.

"I don't either" she said, while sobbing.

It was silent before my mom spoke up again. "You should get some rest" she said, running her hands through my hair.

I got up. "Goodnight ma. Love you" I said.

"I love you too" she said smiling over at me.

As I walked back in the house, I saw dad sitting on the couch. Im guessing mom kicked him out of the room.

I was gonna walk right past him without saying anything when he said something. "Dig" he said, guilt clearly obvious in his voice.

I turned. "What?" I said, not wanting to hear any of his bullshit.

"Look, I know you probably already know what's going on between your mother and I." He looked down before he continued. " I just want you both to know that I'm sorry and that I love both of you with all of my heart. It was a stupid mistake that I regret. All I want you to do is be better than me." He said.

"I will be better than you. I'll be 10 times the man you ever were! And I could never cause as much pain to my family that you've caused to this one!" I meant every word that I said.

"Dig,look I-"

"Goodnight" I said cutting him off. I didn't want to hear any of it. What could he possibly have said that could fix everything that he's done? I walked away without even thinking about looking back.

I went up to my room and got back into the bed. I went to sleep after a few minutes of thinking about everything that was happening.