The Truth Comes Out

Yn's POV

*The Next Morning*

I woke up before Minnie & Taylor. I yawned and stretched out my body. I looked down at my stomach and smiled. I began rubbing it, which brought an even bigger smile to my face.

"Daddy's going to find out about you today", I said. talking to my belly. I'm so excited about having a baby. I just can't believe it! It seems so unreal. I'm thankful for my second opportunity to be a mother.

I tiptoed out of the room, being careful not to wake Tay & Min up. I began walking downstairs and noticed the T.V. was on. As I came down further, I saw Mr James, Taylor's dad, sitting on at the kitchen table. He turned in my direction.

"Yn? Why are you up so early? Something on your mind?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Um, no. I just couldn't sleep, that's all."

He gestured for me to come sit at the table for me. I came and sat directly across from him. He turned down the T.V. and focused all of his attention on me

"Excited about the new baby?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes, I really am. I just.... I just don't want to be judged because of my age. I know you and Mrs. James were taken back by the news, even though you guys didn't show it. I don't want other people to think the same way. I want to be treated the same way I was before I found out I was pregnant. I don't want to be labeled at the sixteen year old that's pregnant, or that slut that got pregnant when she was sixteen." I lowered my head.

"Yn, it's a coincidence that you said all of this. I remember having the exact same talk with Taylor's mom when she was pregnant with Taylor. Yes, of course, we were shocked to find out that you were pregnant, but we know about your story, Yn. Now that you're here, you're officially apart of this family. And, in this house, we don't give up on family. I know it's hard for you since you don't have a father figure in your life. So, I'll step up to the plate and be the father that you never had. And, as your 'father', I'm going to try to help you out the best way I can. Same with my wife. She's going to be the mother figure that you deserved to have in the first place."

I nodded, tears streaming down my face. I never thought I would have a family. Now that I have one, it feels really great. It makes me even happier.

"Thank you, Mr. James."

"You're a good kid, Yn. I know for myself that having a baby to take care of at a young age isn't easy. This is why we are here to help you."

"I really appreciate it. I'm really thankful that you didn't kick me out after hearing the news. God knows what my mom would've done" I said, shaking my head.

"It's no issue, Yn. Really, don't even think about it."

I hesitated for a moment before asking my next question. "Mr. James, do you think Daniel will be happy to know that we are bringing a baby into the world? I mean, what if he isn't ready, or doesn't want a baby? Then what should I do?" I asked him.

"Well, I think if he really likes and cares about you, he will be happy. If he really does see a future with you, he will be happy. If he wants to really be with you, he will be happy. If he doesn't want the baby, it just wasn't meant to be." He shrugged his shoulders.

"But, what if he blames me for all of this?" I asked. I'm not sure what to expect since Daniel had been acting like a huge jerk lately. I understand it's because he's been drinking lately, but still.

"Yn, it takes two to make a child. Not one, two. If he thinks it's your fault, than he's completely wrong. It wasn't only you in the situation, it was him as well."