Tears and Sorrow

A/N: Greetings, fellow otakus! I have decided to add Kagami in...but that'll be later. So you'll just have to wait and see. 😁 Just added a video, Say Something cover by Nightcore (I love Nightcore)...it sets the mood

************************************

Kuroko's POV:

     I heard a voice ring around me.

     "o-kun...Kuroko-kun!"

     My eyes squinted open and light filtered in. Blinking a few times, I sat up slowly and looked around me, trying to make sense of my surroundings. I was still in the gym where I had collapsed.

     The owner of the voice I had heard was kneeling by my side. She was a kind looking lady in a light blue uniform that looked to be in her thirties. She had bubblegum pink hair and wore a pair of red rimmed glasses that framed her bright pink eyes.

     "Kuroko-kun, I'm the school nurse, you can call me Momoi-san. One of the teachers walked by and saw you on the ground and called me over. Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

     I silently shook my head no. She stared into my eyes for a moment, trying to discern whether I was lying or not.

     "Very well then," she said reluctantly, and continued to ask me questions. "Was anyone else with you?"

     "No," I whispered, not meeting her piercing gaze. It was true. Nobody was with me. They all left.

     "Hm...Wasn't the basketball team playing here?"

     "They were, but I stayed after practice to keep playing myself. That's when I passed out," I said, lying through my teeth.

     "Speaking of that...have you been eating regularly? If not from that, it's from stress."

"Yes, I've been eating," I replied. Come to think of it though...I really haven't. "I guess it's just the stress of keeping up with schoolwork and the team.

     "Fine then, I think you're good to go." I nodded and stood to leave.

"Oh, and Kuroko-kun?"

I glanced over at her. "Yes, Momoi-san?"

Her gaze softened. "If...if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be here."

     "A-Arigatō, sensei," I replied, looking down at my basketball shoes. I turned and left the gym, never keeping my eyes off of them.

______Line break______

At Home:

I dropped my bag and collapsed on my bed when I got back home. It's not much, just a two room apartment with the bare necessities, but it was all I had, ever since my parents left me. They thought I was useless too, at least that's what I suspect. Or they just forgot about me. They never payed attention to me and doted over my older brother. One day, they just left, taking all of their belongings, and leaving me with nothing-no money, no home that I could support, and no family. The government gave me enough to live here, so here I am.

     Getting out my homework, I stared at the papers, not seeing anything. The lines blurred before my eyes. All of a sudden, something dripped down, creating a spot on the worksheet.

     "Ara? Wh-why am I crying? There's nothing to cry over. I have  more than anybody like me could ever expect. It's a miracle that I'm where I am...so...what am I doing? Am I really so wretched, to cry over every little thing?"

     Yet I kept weeping, the tears streaming out of my glassy eyes in a steady flow, dripping onto my clenched hands. The tears turned to whimpers, which turned into cries, and finally becoming sobs, loud, gut-wrenching sobs. I bawled for hours on end, a never-ending torrent of sorrow. Through the whole thing, I was wondering just what I was crying over. But deep down I knew. I wanted to be saved. Saved from the indifference that I was treated with. Saved from those who despised me. Saved from the nightmare that my life was.

     Deep down, I wanted a hero.

************************************

A/N: Sorry if he's a bit OOC, it's just for the story's purpose. I hope you liked it!