Broken Glass

A/N: Moshi moshi all my lovely readers! This chappie is going to be sad, so get out your tissues!!! Check out the video up top, one of my favorites, "Human" by Christina Perri.

************************************

Kuroko's POV

I somehow muddled my way through the rest of the day, not making eye contact with anyone, especially... them. Not that anyone would bother looking at me, they don't even realize I'm there. At least that keeps bullies away. I'm not even worthy enough to be bullied.

Walking back home, I thought about what had happened over the past few months, wondering how it became this...this horrid outcome.

It wasn't anything noticeable at first, they were just more focused on their own stuff, not talking to me as much. They'd stopped passing to each other in games, and just took the shot themselves. Our unity just crumbled... yet our games were easily won. They probably realized that they were still winning without me, and started treating me this coldly.

I kicked a pebble lying near my shoe, and stuffed my hands into my pockets. The rest of the way home, I just kept walking like that, looking down.

Reaching my apartment building, I headed up and unlocked my door, fumbling with my keys for a moment. After closing it, I leaned against the back of the door and slid down. After that, I just fell apart. I couldn't hold myself together anymore.

"Why? Why?!? What did I do to make everyone hate me so much? The team...they were the only ones who noticed me...yet they utterly loathe me! Wh-what do I do? Oka-san? Otō-san? What do you want from me? I'll do anything...just come back...please come back to me...I'm begging you...."

     The dam broke and I burst into tears, a blubbering stream of nonsensical words in between my weeping.

I ended up falling asleep, right where I was, against the door.

______Dream______

My eyes fluttered open. I was in my childhood home, where I had lived with my parents. I was laughing and swinging on the swing in my backyard. Otō-san was pushing me forward, and I laughed gleefully as I swung my legs back and forth. Suddenly, he stopped pushing me and went over across the yard. I trailed him with my eyes, looking for the reason he was leaving. They settled upon two figures at the other side of the yard. It was Onii-san and Oka-san. They all smirked at me and turned around.

The sky darkened. Everything became a cold shade of gray. There was no color left in the world.

My family started to walk away...away from me. I stretched out my arm as far as I could, mouth opening in a silent protest. Trying to reach them, I ran as fast as I could...but they just seemed to get farther...and farther...until I could never catch up...never even hope to. But deep down...I knew that even if I could reach them...I would never be part of their family.

______Fin______

My eyes burst open. My breathing was labored, and tears were streaming out.

It seems like I've been crying a lot lately.

I slowly got up from the cold floor and stood. Making my way to the mini-kitchen, I wiped my tears off with the back of my hand. I narrowed my eyes and clenched my fist, tears dripping off from it.

No more crying. I will heal with time. Lots of time. But right now...I'm just broken. Unable to be pieced back together. Like glass. But eventually...eventually...

************************************
A/N: I know I already uploaded one today, but I don't feel like studying, so why not? Anyways, hope you liked it...this ends on a sort of hopeful note...right?