Goodbye

A/N: I wasn't planning to write until Sunday, cuz I have a recital tomorrow, ugh, but I come home from school and realize I magically got 90 views, so, well, here ya go!!!

************************************

     Third Person POV:

     Kuroko walked down the hallways of Teiko Middle School for what only he knew was the last time. Walking up to the office and turning in his basketball resignation and school transfer forms, he headed toward his gym locker to gather his belongings. He'd already gotten his books, so he just needed his uniform and shoes. However, it wouldn't be so simple as that.

He had skipped school previously to pull himself together and prepare for the new school. He would be going to a different middle school for the second half of his last year. It was now after school, and only clubs were in session. Of course, fate made it so he'd run into the one group that he wanted to avoid.

The Kiseki no Sedai were sauntering back to the locker room, as practice was over, when they caught sight of a blue haired figure at a locker, carrying an armful of gym clothes and a pair of shoes. Glaring at him in annoyance, they nudged each other and nodded in agreement. The cause of Kuroko's torture made their way over.

"Kuroko, what are you doing here?" Midorima asked. "I thought we made it clear for you to stop being a nuisance."

     The bluenette slowly raised his head.  His face was as docile as ever. But what they did not expect was his eyes. They had changed, they were different now. Rather then the empty gaze that used to inhabit them, there was now a fire, a glint in them. Sure, Kuroko was still burdened with misery, but now he seemed to have a conviction. His eyes pierced into each and every one of them.

"I was just getting my stuff. I'll be out of your hair in no time."

"Why'd you need your stuff? You're just gonna have to bring it back again tomorrow," Kise commented, confused at Kuroko's actions.

"I'm leaving," he replied bluntly.

     Chaos ensued.

     Aomine and Kise simultaneously shouted out,"Nani?!?" while Midorima stood with his mouth uncharacteristically wide open. Murasakibara started choking on the chips he was previously munching on and rolled around on the ground, frantically clutching at his neck. Akashi just stared, trying to speak but stumbling over his words. A/N: If you're gonna act like that, then you idiots shouldn't have done that to poor Tetsu-chan in the first place!...sorry couldn't help it...

     "W-wha- Tetsuya, w-what are you talking about?"

     "You all don't want me around you, so I thought I'd make it easier on all of us and leave."

The others just gaped at Kuroko, like he'd sprouted another head. He just turned around and walked away. This time, he wouldn't let them get to him, no matter how much he wanted to stay with his first friends. They hated him. All he had to do was leave, and he would be okay. Maybe...

Kuroko paused for a second and looked over his shoulder. They were still in the same position, frozen.

"Sayonara," he said to them for the last time, and continued ahead. Finally taking a step toward his own happiness. Yet, for some reason, his chest still tightened up and his heart felt uneasy.

************************************

A/N: I'm so proud of him!!! Oh and my chapters seem to be getting longer and longer. I'll try to keep them a similar length. Anyways, thanks for reading! I'll update soon!

~Nalutogetherforever