Part Eight

The limo stops at a bar and Debby thanks the driver, opening the door and leaving.  Tyler follows and so does Josh, all three of them entering the small bar. Inside, it's not too crowded and both boys follow Debby to an empty booth. 

"So, um, why exactly did you bring us here?"

Josh is polite but direct, he's grabbing Tyler's shaking hand underneath the table. Debby smiles and calls over a waiter, ordering herself a martini.

"Do you boys want anything?"

"A beer for me, dark please."

"Just water, for me.."

Tyler can't drink, not with the medication he's on, so he's sticking to water. No shame in that, right? Debby stares at the two while they wait for their drinks. Josh is staring at her impatiently, still demanding answers.

"I wanted to say hi, get to meet you guys. I'll be on tour with you two which means we'll be spending a lot of time together. Therefore, what better way to know someone than over a drink or two?"

"Right, of course." Josh mumbles as the waiter arrived with their drinks.

Tyler is gripping tightly at Josh's hand, surely cutting his circulation, nails digging deep into his skin, yet all Josh does is run his thumb repeatedly in a calming pattern over Tyler's agitated hand.

The next twenty one minutes consists of them exchanging pointless conversations which Tyler doesn't necessarily participate in. He's tired and worn out from the show and just wants to go home.

"Josh, I'm exhausted, I think I'm gonna head home."

"Already? You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you later?"

"For sure, oh and before I forget, here."

Josh hands Tyler his phone. His yellow iPhone 5c he hasn't seen in over a year. 

"Woah, um, thanks."

"Pleasure, stay safe. I love you!"

"I love you."

Tyler kisses Josh on the lips for a few seconds before pulling away and leaving the bar. He grabs a cab, a beautifully plain taxi cab, a cab and heads straight to their apartment. When Tyler walks in, he throws himself lazily on the couch and turns on his phone for the first time in a year.

"What's my passcode again?"

He tries several different combination, 2121, 1234, 4321 but then it hits him.

"1988."

He and Josh's birth year. Tyler's phone unlocks and he looks around the screen. His wallpaper is a picture of Josh and him at a cafe. It's adorable, he decides. 

Intrigued by the cute photo, Tyler decides to go on his camera roll, curious of all the pictures and souvenirs he's possibly forgotten all about. Opening it, he sees over five thousand pictures which make him giggle out loud. He continues his search as he scrolls up. Dozens and dozens of selfies of he and Josh caught his attention. 

"Woah." Tyler sighs as he realizes how much Josh must of been hurting when he forgot him. Some of which dated years and years back. Tyler suddenly felt really sad, realizing how much Josh meant to him and how much he meant to Josh. He missed him, he missed him so much.

He must have gotten lost in thought because before he knew it, the door swung up and he heard footsteps stumble inside. 

"Josh?"

Tyler rose up from the couch and walked to the door, seeing Josh barely standing up straight. 

"Shit, Tyler. Hi."