Part Ten

The party is wild, Josh and Debby left to hit a club just over an hour ago and now he's hunched over a counter debating his choices.

"Come on, just do it!"

"I don't know. It's bad."

"Try it! Don't be a pussy, Josh."

Josh can feel her breath creeping up his neck and he shivers. He doesn't know why but he's sniffing the line of cocaine that's laid out on the counter for him. As the drug enters his body, he aspires a big breath, shaking a little as he straightens his back. He can feel his blood boil and his skin crawl, yet he's not complaining.

"Shit!"

"See, not so bad."

Debby grabs Josh's hand and drags him back to the dance floor where she shakes her hips dangerously close to Josh's. His head is spinning and he's jumping up, there's a rush shooting through his body and he can't stay still.

Debby stares at him, he's stoned. Higher than the empire and she's grinning at her success. She goes for his hand, pulling him out back towards the bathroom. She pushes Josh into an empty stall and locks it, moments later their lips connect and she moans.

Josh's head hovers in the clouds and he's got no idea what he's doing nor what's going on but somehow, he finds the strength to pull up skirt while she unzips his pants. Debby bites his shoulder as she moans, feeling Josh inside of her. 

"Shit! Tyler!"

Josh is close and he's moaning Tyler's name, that's who he's having sex with isn't it? Debby is far from quiet but Josh is too far gone to notice anything. When they finish, he's sleepy, his rush is draining and he wants nothing but a comfy bed and warm covers.

"That was, wow. Come on, it's half past one, we need to get back."

Josh groans in response, not even sure what she said but follows along after zipping his pants back up. When they get back to the bus, Josh walks in and throws himself on his bed, falling asleep within two minutes. 

Debby walks away, back to her place with a large smile on her face. She always gets what she wants.

***

When Tyler opens his eyes, it's dark. The little curtain that gives him a bit of privacy is blocking the sun, therefore, he has no idea what time it is. He reaches for his phone, the brightness blinding him for a minute and he squeezes his eyes shut. When the pain dissipates, he catches a glimpse of the screen. It's 10am, a nice and bright morning. Tyler manages to roll off the bed and out into the open. 

The bus hits a pothole and Tyler falls over, cursing under his breath.

"I just wish the government would use my taxes to fill holes with more cement. Or is it asphalt?"

He sits there for a moment too long, lost in thought when Josh hops out from his own bunk.

"Josh! Good morning!"

Josh feels sick, he doesn't want to talk. He ignores Tyler and goes to throw himself on the couch. Tyler sits up and throws on a pair of black sweatpants, following him to the front of the bus. Before he has a chance to speak with Josh, he looks out the window realizing they're moving. Tyler panics and rushes to the driver's side, begging for an explanation.

"Allan, where are we?"

"Tyler, hey. We're in Québec, left early this morning."

Shit. Tyler doesn't have any medication and now that they're in another country, he doesn't have easy access to a pharmacy without Josh finding out. He can't let him find out that Blurryface is back. Tyler takes a few deep breaths: inhales for 5 seconds, holds for 3 and exhales for 7. Nothing. His blood is still pumping and he's shaking. He moves back to the chair that's in front of the couch in their little living room and tries again.