Skin White as Snow and Lips Red as Blood

3rd POV

Once upon a time, in deep winter, Queen Jay was admiring the falling snow when she saw a beautiful red rose blooming in defiance of the cold. Reaching for it, she pricked her finger and three drops of blood fell. And because the red seemed so alive against the white, she thought to herself, "If only I had a child as white as snow, lips as red as blood, hair as brown as a chestnut and all with the strength of that rose."

Later that year Queen Jay had a child, a son, and named him, Lou White. Lou was exactly how Queen Jay dreamed he would be. Pale skin like snow, red lips like blood, and dark brown hair like a chestnut. Queen Jay and King Mark were overjoyed seeing that they have a son of their own. And he was adored throughout the kingdom as much for his defiant spirit as for his beauty.

Seven years later and Lou White is turning into a handsome young man. "Mum! Look what I found. I found it in the woods. It's hurt mum." Queen Jay crouched down to her son's height seeing he has a blue jay in his hands.

"It will heal in time." Lou stared at the bird for a few minutes finally he spoke up.

"I'll look after it." And he did.

"You possess a rare beauty, my love. In here." Queen Jay placed a hand on Lou's chest near his heart. "Never lose it. Hold it dear. You will need its strength to one day become King." The next winter was the harshest in memory and Lou White's mother passed away.

The garden is covered in snow but there is no red rose now. King Mark walks with his arm around Lou White, heartbroken. A single tear rolls down Lou White's cheek. Palace onlookers and mourners, fixed on his face, feeling what he feels, move aside.

When King Mark was riding on his horse he came across a cage. Inside the cage, a woman hides her face hidden behind a veil. King Mark stares at her through the prison bars. "You are now free. You have nothing to fear from me. What is your name, my lady?" King Mark asked.

"My name is Haylee, my king." So struck by her beauty was the King, that he forgot, for the first time, his broken heart. King Mark took Haylee back to the kingdom to get married straight away.

"You're so beautiful..." Haylee snaps to and looks into the face of Lou White, reverential, standing a few feet away. Haylee's face softens as she looks at the face of Lou White. Haylee beckons to her with a look and then holds out her arm.

"Come." As Lou White steps forward, the handmaidens withdraw until only one is left, weaving beautiful flowers in Haylee's hair. "That is kind, child. Especially when it is said that yours is the face of true beauty in this kingdom. Would you like to be dressed up like this and married one day?" Lou laughed and responded,

"Yes, but not with the dress and hair, it's too girly." Lou giggled. The wedding carried on and the reception was breathtaking. Lou White and his father danced around, Haylee looked from a distance and was jealous. Jealous, of Lou White, and everything he is.

After the wedding Haylee and the king went to bed, well the king did, not Haylee. Haylee had a dagger in her hand and she climbed on top the king and stabbed him in the heart. The king was dead in minutes and now the kingdom is under the ruling of Haylee.

Lou White lies asleep when he hears a bell ringing. At first he thinks he's dreaming, but then he hears cries of alarm. He sits up curiously, then climbs out of bed. Lou White rushes towards his father's chamber and sees Haylee at the end of the corridor. Relieved, he hurries towards his stepmother when suddenly he notices his father's lifeless body lying on the bed.

"No." Lou White whispered. Lou cried over his father's lifeless body, his father was he best friend, always joking around, making others laugh, and caring for one other. Later on that night Haylee went to her room with a giant mirror that works while saying five little words.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall..."

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all?" Haylee asked the mirror. The mirror was silent at first then it finally spoke.

"It is you, my Queen! Yet another kingdom falls to your glory! Is there no end to your power and beauty?"

Haylee's brother Finn and their army were all over the kingdom. Their plan is to take over all the kingdoms to have all the power they could have. She walked back into her room seeing Lou White crying over his father. "What are you doing here?!" She screamed at him. He shot up and looked at her.

"I just came in to check on him but he's gone! Do you know who could've done this?!" Lou White looks over his father and cries. Haylee smirked at an idea she had. "Finn!" She calls her brother.

"Yes, Haylee." He came up behind her.

"Lock him away. One never knows when royal blood may be of value." Finn grabbed little Lou's arm and pulled him up in the highest tower in the castle.

"Where are you taking me? Unhand me this instant!" Lou struggled but no success.

"What are you gonna do about it cry?" Finn opened the tower door and pushed Lou inside. He quickly locked the door and ran.

"Hey come back! Why am I up here?! Help! Anyone!" He tried calling everyone but no one came. He cried and cried until he fell asleep.

That was only just the beginning.

(I know it sounds like "Snow White and The Huntsman" I just love that movie. Anyway I hope you like it and I need to sleep I have a chapter test and I need luck! Comment / Vote / Fan all that. Keep smiling! Xx :) Ali)