Chapter Eight

The room went quiet. Jimin starred at the trembling younger in front of him, pitying him, feeling sorry for what he had to go through. Jungkook sat on his thighs on his bed, still shaking from the memory. Eyes filling with tears, he bit his lip and tried not to cry in front of his hyung who looked more scared than Jungkook himself. Jungkook held up his arms around his chest, in a protective stance.

Jimin's hand reached for his shoulder, to comfort him, but when he saw Jungkook flinch at his action, he set his hand down and instead said, "I'm sorry. I had no idea."

Jungkook didn't respond, instead looked away, as if he was embarrassed. He was still crying, some from fear, some from shame at how he had compared that awful man to his first love. The one who would never hurt him.

"It...its not your fault. It happened. Its in the past."

"You don't seem like you've gotten over your past." Jimin said, with genuine concern on his face.

Jungkook hesitated."You're right...I haven't. But do you expect me to get over something so traumatising just like that?" He snapped.

"No... I understand. You're scared. Scared that it'll happen again. And I made you remember..." Now it was Jimin's turn to start crying. He wiped away his own tears as Jungkook looked on before reaching over to him and holding him close.

They embraced each other for a few minutes. Crying on each others shoulder and assuring each other that everything was fine.

After a while, when all their tears dried and they grew tired, they laid down on Jungkook's bed and looked up at his ceiling.

Eventually, tired out from crying and telling his deepest secret, Jungkook fell asleep snuggled up next to his hyung.

Although his hyung was in no way tired, he didn't move, and let the younger sleep on him as he watched his peaceful face.

Jimin wished that they could stay like that for at least a little more, but he heard a knock on the door, so as carefully as he could, he moved the younger's head to escape his embrace regretfully and got up to unlock and open the door to Jungkook's bedroom.

"Who are you?"

"Where's Jungkook?"

"Answer my question first."

Instead of Jungkook's mom standing in front of him as he expected, it was a young male about the same age as Jimin. With sort of blonde-orange-brown hair and good looks. He wore the same uniform as Jungkook, so he assumed they were classmates.

"I came to see Jungkook. Is he here?"

"That's not what I asked. Who are you?"

"Kim Taehyung, now let me pass," he started to go through the doorway but was stopped by Jimin.

"Taehyung is it? What is your relationship with Jungkook?" Jimin was curious. He was in Jungkook's story, so he had to be important in some way. If he was his boyfriend, he absolutely couldn't let him see Jungkook lying in bed with puffy eyes.

Taehyung got a bit red in the face and asked the guy standing in front of himself,"Are you Park Jimin?"

"I am."

"What did you do to Jungkook?"

"Nothing, he's just...," Dammit, think of something. "In the restroom. He ate bad fish."

"Are you lying?" Taehyung got closer to Jimin's face and examined him closely with furrowed eyebrows. While Jimin was busy being flustered, Taehyung saw a sleeping Jungkook on his bed through the door. He pushed Jimin out of his way and went inside the room toward him.

Taehyung sat in his bed next to Jungkook and touched his forehead, then touched his own.

"He's warm..."

Taehyung sat Jungkook up and started removing his sweater.

"H-hey! You can't do that!" Jimin screamed.

"Why not?" Taehyung asked as he set Jungkook back down onto his bed and got up towards the restroom.

"Hey! Don't just go wherever you please!"

"I'm here often enough to be considered part of his family." Taehyung calmly told him as he wet a cloth and walked back toward his room,

He placed the cloth on Jungkook's forehead, he woke up slowly because of Jimin's constant nagging and screaming.

"Oh...Taehyung? ...What are you doing here?" He groggily asked.

Taehyung smiled," You weren't at school so I came to see you."

"Ah..."

"Are you still tired?"

"Kind of..."

"Hey you! Don't just ignore me!" Jimin nagged.

"Oh...Jimin... you're still here," Jungkook said.

"Oh course I am! Anyway, Jungkook, who is this delinquent?!" He pointed to Taehyung.

Oh, right. I haven't introduced them...

Jungkook sat up on his bed and kept holding the cool cloth to his forehead. "Taehyung, this is Jimin. I met him in Japan over break." He gestured to Jimin who stared angrily at Taehyung.

"And Jimin, this is Kim Taehyung, he's my-"

"Boyfriend." Taehyung smiled smuggly as he hugged sleepy Jungkook who at the time was too tired to listen well.

"Yeah...that's right."

"HUUUUHHHHHH?! NO WAY!!! JUNGKOOK, IS THAT TRUE?!" Jimin screamed loud enough for half of Canada to hear.

Jungkook, still in Taehyung's embrace, was starting to nod off on Taehyung's chest, and didn't answer.

"Shhhh...he's sleeping," Taehyung played with Jungkook's hair.

"Why, you..." Jimin was interrupted by the voice of Mrs.Jeon them telling all to come down for lunch.

"Jungkook-ah~," he lightly shook him," Time to eat."

He woke up for the second time, "Okay~".