Chapter 12

Alex^

Harry's POV

"Avril has passed out on the streets!"

"Avril was found unconscious near a hospital!We're all wondering why."

"Avril Lavigne spotted on the streets,the video of her fainting broke our hearts."

"The Lavigne Family speak up about the incident,we caught some lies in their little speech."

I sighed as I flipped the channels on the TV,all apparently discussing the same things.Obviously,after Avril fainted,bodyguards apparently came and forced the paparazzi away.Suspicious ,huh?It all looked staged anyways.Niall was sitting next to me,not paying attention to nothing but his phone.I slapped his arm to get his attention.

"Niall,what do-",I was cut off when his legs were thrown onto my lap.

"I'm playing ,don't talk to me now.I have to concentrate,mate."

************************
Avril's POV

*flashback*

I covered my ears as I heard my mom and dad fight ,once again.This time,it was even louder than the last one.The last one consisted of my mom screaming and throwing cups and plates everywhere.Now,Mom was destroying the furniture,ripping the pillows ,and throwing me dirty looks as I stood there confused and scared as ever.

"I should've never accepted to be your wife!You never ,don't ,and will never deserve me!You're a cheating scumbag ,that's what you are.",I closed my eyes and gasped loudly as Mom's hand made contact with Dad's cheek.

I didn't know what made me do it,but I went over to her and tugged at the hem of her dress ,begging her to stop.She only pushed me away until my back crashed against the wall.

   Even though I couldn't believe my own mother would turn into that despicable monster,I attempted to run away ,until I tripped and fell in front of a door .The noise my mom was making was only getting louder and I couldn't bear it,so I pushed the door open and entered the room.What I saw in there shocked me even more,finding a woman slouched down ,probably sobbing.I went up to her and sat beside her,tapping her shoulder,trying not to cry too.

  She raised her head and I was met with a face ,a damaged face.Her nose was probably broken,her face was bleeding and she had a cut on her cheek.I looked at her ,horrified ,unable to look away.I mustered up all the confidence in me to hold her hand,reaching out for her large,bruised hand that was in a fist.

  "It's going to be okay.",my voice cracked at the end,not sure if I believed myself.

  The woman just looked at me and smiled sadly,as she sobbed even more.Suddenly ,she put her arms around me and then held her arm with her hand ,holding me tightly. She was trapping me,and I had no idea what she was doing.

  "W-what are you doing ?",my 5/year-old stupid self asked.
  "I'm hugging you.",she replied ,her voice shaky from all the crying.
   "What does 'hugging' exactly mean?"

  The woman lifted her head,surprise written all over her face,and I could only watch as some tears dropped down her face once again.

  "Hugging is ..An action you do when you love someone,not necessarily  love,more like,care for someone."

  My mouth opened to form an O ,as I nodded ,wrapping my arms around her the best I could,my arms only reaching the middle of her back.

    "Why are you crying ?",I asked innocently ,looking at her with wide eyes.