Chapter 16

Lots of POV changes .

Avril's POV

I looked at the thick gray smoke billowing the skies .The once blue sky,now shielded with darkness.I couldn't breathe ,I couldn't feel my heart beating .Though,I could see everything burning .Everything stopped moving except for the red and yellow sparks.

Suddenly ,a strong wind pulled me out of the state of shock that I was forced into.I looked around ,my eyes scanning everything around me.This was not just fire ,this was death.

Upon hearing sirens ,people started scattering away and searching for another source of interest .My legs stopped me from taking a step backwards ,it only pulled me towards the burning house.Although gravity had full control over me,guilt was pushing my shoulders down ,burying me underground .

"She's dead."

*****************

I sighed as I placed the photo of the grave on Alex's bed.Searching for a chair ,I found one across the hall.As I went to grab it,I could hear shouts from the hospital room next to Alex's.

"I don't care if he's dying!He never even loved you,stop believing the lies he's feeding you.Guess I won't have to worry about that again,he won't be breathing oxygen anymore soon."

The person laughed , ignoring shouts that were apparently directed to him .As the man walked out the door ,my jaw nearly hit the floor as I saw Harry .

I quickly ran across the hall,soon finding out that was a bad idea since he followed me.

"Why were you eavesdropping?A-Avril?"

**********************

Harry's POV

I honestly wished I didn't shout at my mom,when she needed me the most.I shook my head,trying to believe it was for the best.I walked out of the room,ignoring her calls.I saw a body run across the hallway ,obviously not wanting to be caught listening .I followed the person's steps.

"Why were you eavesdropping?"

The person turned around ,showing me a sheepish smile on Avril's face.

"A-Avril?"

"I wasn't eavesdropping ,your voice was loud."

"I wasn't being sarcastic ,nor did I ask for a sarcastic answer so I expect a 100% sarcasm free answer."

"I can't.Sarcasm is in my DNA."

"Last time I checked ,I was being serious ."

"I am too.Congratulations on the job,and the article you wrote.Got a lot of attention,good job!"

"Don't change the subject ."

"What would make you think I'm changing the subject ?"

"You're obviously trying to make me feel bad so I can forget the subject .I'm telling you from now so you don't forget ,I'm not forgetting the subject whether you try to change it or not."