08. HIS NAME IS CALUM

Dear Ashton,

It has been around nine days since the day you asked for my name. And it's been around three since the day you passionately discussed Nirvana with me. You haven't spoken to me ever since, which I actually expected since I am no one significant anyways. I may have just been a face you wanted to place a name to, so you could add me to the ever-growing list of people you are acquainted with. If you could even consider us acquaintances.

But anyways, I wanted to tell you all about a younger boy I've met earlier. I was wandering near the football field after school, it was around 5:30 and there weren't many people there anymore. I thought that you might have been chilling near the bleachers, like you always do with your circle of friends, but I was disappointed to see that you weren't with them. I felt a bit sad since I didn't get to see you at all the entire day, because we didn't have any classes together on these particular days.

I decided to just leave, knowing that my efforts to see you today were just wasted. But when I turned to leave, a soccer ball flew past me, mere centimeters away from my face and I could have sworn that my heart stopped when I saw it zoom past so close to my face.

Someone yelled out an apology, and the apology came from an underclassman. He was beautiful - not as beautiful as I consider you to be, that was for sure, but maybe that is just me being incredibly biased knowing that you're the man I am in love with, and this boy was just a mere stranger to me.

But anyways, back to the boy.

He was also very tall, his skin was the color of light brown, his eyes were as brown as milk chocolate and his hair was as dark as ebony. His dark brows were drawn together as he gazed at me apologetically, and I just smiled at him, saying it was perfectly fine. That was supposed to be the end of our conversation, but I was taken aback when he approached me with a curious look on his chiseled face. He tilted his head to the side, his pink lips twisting into a huge grin as he held out his large hand for me to shake before telling me what this beautiful individual's name was.

His name is Calum.