30. SHE'S NOT ME

Dear Ashton,

She is the girl you love. She is the only person you've ever loved. She is the only person you ever will love.

It has been years since I last wrote to you, and I apologize. I have been trying my very best to forget all about you, and it took a very long time but I managed to do it.

It was all thanks to Calum. My best friend.

He was the person who stayed with me until the wee hours of the morning just because I needed someone to hold me as I cried my heart out into his chest. He was the person who took the bottle of alcohol away from me when I needed to forget you through a world of temporary bliss. He was the person who fixed me all up when I was the biggest trainwreck in history.

He wasn't you, and he knew that he could never replace you, but he promised that he would be better than you. And he did. He did become the man who made me feel like I truly was alive again.

He's not you. And she's not me.

But I love him, and you love her.

This is the way it's meant to be.

Farewell, my first love, and I wish you every bit of happiness with the girl of your dreams, your first love, your beloved wife and the mother of your child.

+++
and that is the end of she's not me! thank you for sticking with me for two months of this story and thank you for all the support you've given me as well as this story. sadly there won't be an alternate ending to this story where they end up together bc i wanted to stick to the reality that some loves just don't work out no matter how much you love someone.

thank you once again, and thank you for reading this story! there's a chance of a sequel, but it won't center around ash and the writer of the letters, but with a new set of characters with a whole different plot but will be written in letter format. this is still unsure, but if i do decide to make a sequel, i hope you guys would support it. i love you guys and thanks again!

peace out! - jess ❣