Chapter 22

GABRIEL

A small whimper escapes Ava's lips as I throw sand at her. She falls to the ground at the impact. I send her an apologetic look, she shakes her head in reply.

She quickly gets up and mutters a spell. A ball of fire dances around her palm. She throws it at me and I quickly dodge. We both turn around to look at the flying fire ball. It crashes into a tree, sending the tree into fire.

We both shrug and I throw water at it. "You'll heal it afterwards right?" She asks. I nod and we go back to fighting.

I pull out my sword and motion for her to pull out her daggers. She shakes her head. "I'm working on how to fight without them."

I nod and get ready to charge at her.

'My angel, you available?' Ashton's voice pops up in my head. I sigh loudly as Ava charges at me. I dodge her attack and hold her back with a spell.

'Sorry, I'm kind of busy. What is it?' I ask, Ava sends me a confused look as I just stand there looking like a loser.

'Méno's not really dying. As in he'll wake up again in a few hours, but I stabbed him and he said he doesn't want to die right now.'

I smile in sadness only to see Ava mutter a spell and jump onto my back. A dagger's placed over my throat, she presses it into my throat. I feel the blade break skin and quickly take hold of her wrist to throw her off me. She tumbles to the ground with a huff. 'Idiot, but I am proud of you. I'll send Theo over.' I reply as I'm Ava free. I'm not exactly a fan of sending my brother but Lucifer and Blaze left.

Ava told me what they were up to and I really don't feel like interrupting.

'Why not Lucifer or Balze?' Ashton asks.

'They're busy, doing the naughty and I really don't feel line seeig all of THAT today,' I say, a small blush tinting my cheeks.

'I know, I'd rather not send my brother either. Méno's going to have to listen to him talk about Denise and children and how much it feels like to love your mate. But if Méno doesn't want to die right now, he's the only one I can really send,' I explain.

'Fine,' He replies.

"Stop trying to attack me Ava," I sigh. Ava huffs and throws her dagger on the ground. I send her an apologetic smile, she laughs in reply and cleans her daggers.

"THEO!" I call, my voice echoes through the woods. Theo flies over and hugs me. He kisses my head and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Méno's dying, not actually but he doesn't feel like dying and waking up. You know how slow the process is for him," I say.

Theo's eyes flash with concern and sadness, he nods.

"I'll go heal him, tell Denise I'll be back. She's mad at me," He sighs. I nod and he kisses my head one last time before he flies off.

"Still oblivious?" Ava asks.

I nod. "Sadly."

Ava sighs. "Méno should stop. Theo's not really good to him, no offense."

I just nod.

*

"How are things with Lacey?" I ask. Ava smiles as she plays with fire. "She's good, she's practicing taming water."

I nod in reply, my head resting against the tree trunk. Ava is a fire elemental wolf while Lacey is a water elemental wolf.