Chapter 24

GABRIEL

"Ready?" I ask Blaze. He grins and turns invisible. "Course fucker, ready to chop off their heads and see them roll. Maybe I should hang them up, ya know. Trophy hunt," He suggests.

I shake my head. "Save Ashton, please."

He turns visible again and nods. "Of course fucker, I'll save him," He kisses my forehead. I sigh loudly as he pulls away.

Ashton has been gone for a week. No one has found them, the broken ones really have great hiding places.

I miss my mate. I haven't been able to sleep without with his warm touch holding me at night. His kisses and hugs.

'We're getting him back,' Xaliq encourages. I smile. 'I hope so.'

'Don't worry, he's going to be safe once we get him,' Gwaquxi tells me. I sigh and smile.

"Come on fucker, we're going now," Blaze snaps me out of my thoughts. I send him a nod and tightly grip my sword.

*

"It's over this hill, Blaze pet griffin said they're here," Travis tells me. His innocent eyes raking over the army.

"Are you sure you're going to fight Travis?" I ask a bit concerned about the smaller boy. He smiles. "I guess. Xander is mad though, he kind of locked me up but I escaped. Don't tell him I snuck in."

I sigh. Of course Xander wouldn't want Travis to fight.

'Not to be rude, but mind link Xander. Travis isn't fit for this war,' Mostique tells me. I nod as I look at Travis. He's giggling about unicorns, I really don't want this cutie hurt.

'Xander, Travis is next to me,' I mindlink him. I swear I hear a hiss from behind and suddenly Travis is gone. Atleast I saved his life.

"Thank you." I look to the left to see Xander there, a frown on his face. I look at him with a smile. "No problem."

I walk to the front with Xander by my side. I stand between Xander and Theo. Lucifer standing powerfully next to Xander.

I look up to see Blaze flying, he's leading the air team. Angel armor covers his whole body, his wings are firm. They're harder than titanium once they're firm.

I grip my sword as we get up the hill. My eyes widen as I take in everything. There's so many of them, so many that have decided to join the dark side.

A long line of beaten supernaturals are kneeling in front of a line of broken angels.

What catches my attention is the pale brunette kneeling in front of a broken angel. His face is facing the ground.

I can't call his name, I know what they're going to do. They're going to see if any of us recognize them, then they're going to kill them in front of us. I have to pretend I don't care about Ashton.

We halt, not far away from the dark army.

"Méno," Theo whispers. I look at him to see him looking at Méno. I cringe at the sight, Méno's choking himself, his whole body is ruined. It's almost like someone decided to paint him with blood.

It seems like the broken angel heard us and he pulls Méno further out on the field.

"FUCKER!" Theo yells. Lucifer holds him back as he's about to run over. He struggles and yells as he's not getting to Méno.

Méno's gold eyes connect with mine, tears stream down my face as I look at him. He looks so broken.

"So this one is precious huh?" The broken angel snickers. Theo growls loudly and almost punch Lucifer. The broken angel laughs, he yanks Méno up by the chain. A loud gasp escapes Méno's lips, only to be followed by coughs.