Chapter 28

GABRIEL

"May you enter enternal peace," I whisper as I hold onto Ashton's dad hand. His grip slowly loosens. He sends me one last smile, his breath slowing down. His heartbeat beating one beat per minute.

"Let my son top," He chuckles only to groan painfully. I hold onto his hand, his grip's loosens up. "I will, don't worry. You'll have small hybrid pups running around," I smile.

"Goodbye Caine," I whisper. He looks up at me, a weak smile on his face. "Goodbye Gabriel, take care of my family."

I nod and he sighs out relieved, only to gasp and cough loudly. His hand goes limp and his eyes stop moving. He's gone.

"I promise I'll take care of them," I whisper to Ashton's dad dead body. I can almost feel him smiling at me. "We've got to go Gabby, we need to kill these fuckers!" Theo speaks up from behind me.

I sigh. "We do, but I need to return Caine's body to the safe house. To his mate and to Ashton."

I look down as I think about how my mate is going to take this. He's always been so strong, well except for the one time he thought I died, but that's a different story.

Theo nods. "I'll see you at the battlefield. Stay safe." I send him a grateful smile and he takes off. I pick up Ashton's dad and teleport to the safe house.

"It's me," I tell the two guards guardikg the safe house, they both look at Caine in sadness and pity but send me a strict look.

I flash them my runes, so they're sure I'm not in the dark army. They open the door and I make my way inside. I cringe as I hear a long agonizing scream. Ashton's mom.

I sniff the room for my mate, only to breathe in unfamiliar and familiar scents.

Where's Ashton?

I push my way through the crowd, only to find Ashton's mom lying on the ground. Screaming and crying.

She must have felt her mate passing away. She looks up at me and sobs loudly as she sees her mate lying dead in my arms.

"Oh my god," She gasps as I gently put Caine down on the ground. She quickly takes him into her arms and caresses his face.

"Honey, wake up," She murmers as she hugs his dead body. I place a comforting hand on her shoulder. She sniffles and looks up at me.

"Go Gabriel, find my son," She cries.

I nod and hugs her. "I'm sorry." She sends me a small broken smile. I quickly teleport back to the battlefield, my wings wrap around my body for protection.

"GABRIEL!" Kaya yells. My wings untangle from my body. "Where is Ashton?" I yell, worry piling up in my stomach. (A/N does that even make sense XD?)

"He ran off into this stupid battle field. He went all revenge on me. He's not thinking straight," She sighs. I would've laughed at the straight part if we weren't at war and my father in law didn't just die.

I nod and kiss her head. "I love you," I smile. She frowns. "Don't talk to me like you're going to die."

I sigh. "I love you too little brother," She smiles. I grin and kick off the ground, flying through the air.

I pull out my beloved sword as I fly.

"Fucker!" A familiar voice yells. I almost laugh as I see Blaze cutting off some creatures head.

"Fuck you stupid fucker! Oh hey Gabriel," He smiles. I roll my eyes and fly over, I swiftly land on the ground and cut off some rogues head.