Chapter 23

ASHTON

"Méno?" I whisper to the limp body laying in the cell beside me. He doesn't move as I speak, I sigh in sadness and give up in trying to wake him. I guess he'll just wake up when he's healed enough, those bastards kept him for a long time. So I don't know when he's going to wake up.

I crawl back from the silver bars and to the corner of my cell. I lean against the dirty rusty walls, resting my head against the wall. The rusty metal slightly digging into my back.

I pull my knees up to my chest, locking my arms around them. I sigh loudly and look around me.

Every form of supernaturals are captured in here. From werewolves to mermaids to demi gods. All of us are weak and captured by these evil angels. Held in these smalle cells.

The silver and wolvesbane making us all weak. I sigh and try not to look at any, they're all in pain. All of us are in the same boat and none of us have any chance at escaping.

'Lewaf?' I call out in my head, getting no reply. I choke in a sob and rest my forehead against my knees.

My wolf is poisoned by wolvesbane, I can't shift nor talk to anyone through mindlink. Not until all the wolvesbane is gone from my body.

I feel so lonely.

A loud cough comes from beside me. I quickly look to the side to see Méno rolling around. The stab wound on his stomach long gone.

"Méno!" I whisper yell and rush over to the bars. The silver bars the only thing separating us.

"Ashton?" He asks as he takes in the surroundings. I sigh. "The evil angels captured us. You've been passed out a long time. They've been taking you in and out of here."

He nods and lets out a loud sigh. "They've injected some sort of poison in my veins. I can not do any spells nor magic, I have my wings though."

He pulls out his wings and wrap them around him. I take in the beautiful large wings and see them go from soft feathers to a firmer one. I cock my head at that.

"They do that when I feel threatened, sad or hurt. They protect me," He explains. I nod as I understand. "Méno, do you think there's a way out?"

Méno looks down. "I'm sorry Ashton, but there isn't."

*

I tightly squeeze my ears as I hear another one of Méno's whimpers and screams come from above. My ears bleed as another agonizing scream comes from above.

All this just because I took some bread. Méno is paying for my mistakes and it isn't fair. I tried to take my own beating, but he refused to let me. So Méno took it for me.

I sigh loudly and focus on his heart beat, it's there, but it's slow. It's slow and unsteady, but it's there.

I close my eyes, a few tears falling out as I do so. Méno's screams of pain and agony sending shivers down my spine. What are they doing to him?

I hiss loudly as I accidentally lean into one of the silver bars. The silver burns into my skin, I crawl back to my corner and wait.

Wait for Méno to come back.

I don't know if he's alive or dead. It feels like we've been here forever. Méno's had it the worst. He's been taken out of the cell more than ten times that I've counted.