Chapter One

"Daddy! Daddy!"

"Whaaat?" I pull up my covers but my son, Hayden, jumps on me.

"I'mmm hungry! Hungry! Hungry!" He giggles and I pull down the covers from my face.

"Oh are you?" I say with a big smile.

"Yup! Now get uup! Please? And thank you?" I laugh and get off the bed and carry him downstairs.

I went into the kitchen and set him on the chair. I look at the oven clock and it's only seven in the morning. I laugh and rub Hayden's head.

I open the fridge and it's nearly empty. Oh man. I guess this is why you shouldn't go out or have take out all the time.

"Well Hayden. It's time for us to go grocery shopping now." I say picking him up and walking upstairs.

"Why now?"

"Because if I don't do it now I'm not going to do it later. And there will be too much people."

"Ohh. No restaurant?"

"Nope. We can't keep doing that." I say laughing.

I put him on his bed and look for his clothes. Also, damn this room is dusty. He refuses to sleep alone and sleeps with me. Since my wife passed away.

"Daddy are you okay?" I realized that I wasn't looking for his clothes. I snapped out of it and found a nice little outfit.

"I'm okay, just thinking." He comes behind me and hugs my leg.

"I love you daddy." I smile and picked him up and carried him to my room.

"I love you too. Here, change your clothes and I'll get your shoes."

I gave him his shoes and he ties it himself. I changed my clothes and put on my shoes. When we were done I picked him up and we went into the bathroom.

"Now time to fix our beautiful hair." I say chuckling.

>

We head inside the grocery store and grabbed a cart.

"We are going on an adventure! Arggh!" I look at Hayden and laugh.

"Yes we are but you need to hold my hand." He covers his face and shook his head no.

"I'm four!" I laugh and he extends one hand and I held it.

"Maybe next time. Or do you want to push the cart." He lets go of my hand and puts both hands on the cart.

"Push the cart!" He walks away and I follow him.

At first I walked in the front but Hayden keeps hitting my feet. Then he tries to put random stuff in the cart.

"Why do we need anchovies, soy sauce, and canned jalapenos for?" I asked him when I noticed.

"I was helping with the food." I just shook my head and smiled.

"Well if you're going to put anything in here, make sure it's good." I put away the stuff he put in the cart and went behind him.

We get a bunch of groceries and some snacks for Hayden.

"Daddy can we get cookies, muffins, cake, and ice cream?" I smiled at him.

"Maybe. But wait here I need to get milk. Don't move because if you do you're not getting anything." He stands straight with both hands down. I laugh and walked to get some milk which is literally only like ten seconds away.

I grab two galloon and as soon as I turned around he's gone. With the cart. Oh no.

I walk back to look for him. Where the hell did he go?!

"Hayden?" I say a little loud so he could hear me. He's probably where the pastries are.

I walk there and I hear someone yell in pain. I rose my eyebrows and I see Hayden running but he ran into me. If I didn't have the milk I would cross my arms.

"Umm.. Someone stole the cart and I was looking for it." I gave him a serious look and he puts his head down. "I wanted to find the cookies. And I hit someone with the cart." I sigh but chuckled.

"Well lets go say sorry and get the cart." He nods and grabs my hand.

We walk towards the pastry section and our cart comes out with a little girl.

"Oh hey there um can we have our cart back?" I say kindly to the little girl.

"Papa found them." A man slowly comes out reading a box.

"I'm so sorry man that my son-" He looks up and I automatically stopped. His eyes widened. My heart races in surprise.

"Cameron?" He says. We both smile and hug each other.

"Shawn it's been so long! How are you doing?" I say happily.

"You know I'm doing okay. I'm sorry about Rachael."

"It's fine and I'm sorry about Penelope." Shawn chuckles.

"Damn reporters and people always gotta reveal our personal issues." I agreed with him and nodded. "So this your son?"

"Sorry for hitting your feet." Hayden says.

"Yeah. His name is Hayden."

"Hello Hayden. And I forgive you." I smiled and Hayden shakes his hand. I look at the little girl.

"She's your daughter?" I asked.

"Yup. Her name's Kaya." She waves at me and I wave back smiling. "So what are you doing here in Ontario?"

"Same reason why you came back. I knew it was kind of weird because I knew you would be here but I chose this random city to live in so no one will ever expect I live here, so I can spend time with Hayden freely." He laughs.

"Smart."

"Yeah."

"Well it's amazing to see you again! I'll see you around." We both hugged and it was very exciting to see him.

"Yeah I sure hope so. Take care Shawn."

He leaves with his daughter and I turned to Hayden with a serious look. He's still in trouble.

"Wow daddy you met your friend!" He says innocently. I continued staring at him. "Sorry." He says putting his head down. I chuckled and rubbed his head.

"Lets get those cookies, ice cream, and muffins." His face lights up.

He grabs my hand and we finish up our shopping.

Wow Shawn's here.