Chapter Three

"So have you found anybody yet?" I asked Shawn.

"Nah. I don't think I want to be in a relationship let alone remarry right now." He said eating his steak with his fingers. I chuckled. "You?"

"Same. And you do know there's a knife and fork next to you." I say cutting my steak and eating with a fork. PROPERLY.

"Oh I know." I laugh at his silliness.

After about thirty minutes of conversing we get the check. I pull out my wallet but Shawn stops me.

"I got this."

"We can split it." He gives me a look.

"Cameron." I shook my head. There's no arguing with Shawn.

"Thanks Shawn." I say chuckling.

After eating at the restaurant Shawn took us home.

"See you again buddy." I saying giving him a hug.

"You too."

"Don't be a stranger." He laughs and nods.

"Bye Kaya!" Hayden says.

"Byee!"

>

The next day I decided I needed to know how to cook. So I grabbed the cookbook Rachael had. I never touched it once since she passed away but now I think it's for the best I use it. She would want me to because she's probably scolding me for ordering take out all the time.

I opened her- our breakfast cookbook and tried to find something simple.

After a minute of searching I found a recipe for muffins. Hmm, I bet they're so much better than store bought muffins. Also Shawn likes muffins.

I got out the ingredients and Hayden comes downstairs.

"Daddy what are you doing?" He asks rubbing his eyes.

"Making breakfast." He giggles.

"Can I help?"

"Sure thing!"

As we were mixing the batter, I wondered if Shawn is busy. I call him up to make sure. I just need him around now that I know he's here in Ontario.

: Hello.

* It's me. Ahaha hey what's up you busy?

: Ahaha! And no. Never busy. Why you have something in mind?

* Well I was wondering if you want to hang at my place again.

: Well...

* We're making fresh muffins!

: Kaya! Get your shoes on! I'll be right over.

: Ahahah! See you then.

After ending the call I put the batter in the muffin paper holder thingy and put them on top of the metal muffin holder thingy. And put them in the oven. Thingy.

To pass the time, me and Hayden watched as the muffins grew in size. But what we completely left out is the mess we made. Before we even touched it there was a knock on the door and the door opened.

"Uhh I think you forgot to lock your door. It's not safe you know!" I hear Shawn say. He comes into the kitchen and I just put on a wide smile. "Uhh. There is a mess." I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks genuis." We laughed and I begin cleaning the countertops. And Hayden talks to Kaya.

After like minutes of cleaning it, it's clean.

"You missed a spot." Shawn said.

"Where?" I asked confused.

"Here." And he knocks over the flour bag.

"Dude what the- what's wrong with you!" I say laughing. "You're annoying!" I threw some flour on his face.

"Hey! I just fixed my hair!" He says jokingly and laughing.

And before we knew it we all started throwing flour. And it went too far when Hayden threw the blueberries and chocolate chips everywhere. When he stopped we were all floured.

Ding!

"Well muffins are ready." I say completely ignoring the fact it's a disaster. I put on a oven glove and take out the batch.

We all waited until they cooled down. But during that time we cleaned up together and the kitchen was clean again. Except us. We didn't care and we ate the muffins.

"Mmm, the chocolate chip is the best." Shawn says. I laugh and nodded. And stared at him as he eats his muffin. I shook my head. I'm a wierdo.

After our breakfast muffin was done we all decided to watch a movie together.

We watched two movies until we began preparing lunch. Which I needed some help with. And let me tell you, Shawn really knows how to make a meal. Reminds me of the good times.

Shawn is an amazing guy. And I've always known that.

Weeks passed by and I'll tell you we spend more time at his house than mine. His house is amazing. It was like a simple two story brick house. It's funny how simple things can be amazing.

We all bonded closer and closer. Like a family. Maybe because we are one.

/\/\/\

But that family type bond will be put to the test.

>>>

So I don't know if I will finish the stories I published because a lot is going on with my family. It's funny how everything could be okay one moment. And all the sudden it's not the next.

I feel like I needed to have an explanation because usually I'd post an update twice a day. Instead of once a week.

Also prayers go to the Orlando massacre. It's so stomach churning how someone can take and hurt the lives of so many. What human that has a beating heart does that type of shit? I just hope one day we can all live in harmonic peace.