Chapter Five

"Make sure you guys didn't leave anything behind!" I say shouting as I carry the tent bag.

We leave the camp site and we are starving. I mean we only ate a hot dog and smores last night. We stop at a nearby diner that looked welcoming.

"Hello welcome to Cindy's Diner. Table for four?" A lady greets and asks.

"Yes please." I say.

"Are you both together? NOT that we have a problem." I coughed and shook my head as I knew what she meant.

"No no no we are just good friends." Shawn says. I nodded.

"OH I'm very sorry! I didn't mean to... Um table is this way."

She leads us to our table and leaves the menus and took our drink orders.

"Well that was embarrassing." I say. But if I was being honest I actually like the thought of being with Shawn. I can't hide that fact. I have feelings for him. But I don't want him to know or else he'll stop talking to me. Oh man.

"Yeah it was. But it was funny. We would make an awesome couple." He says pushing my arm across the table. I laughed and nodded. But also surprised and blushing at his response.

We order our food and as soon as the plate touched the table, we digged in.

-

"Okay see you on Tuesday." I say to Shawn.

"But that's in two days!" He yelled jokingly.

"Ay you'll manage." I say. He nods.

"Okay take care man." He says smiling.

"Bye Kaya!" Hayden shouts.

"Bye!" I wave at both of them and drove home.

As soon as I arrived home Hayden sat down on the sofa and I did the same. He puts on some cartoon but my mind drifted off to Shawn.

I have feelings for him. That same feeling with Rachael except Shawn is Shawn. I wonder if he feels the same way? Maybe he doesn't but who knows? If he does feel the same feelings then I'll be the happiest Cam I know.

I start to think about how he and Kaya can live with me and Hayden or we can live with them. How me and Shawn will be laying next to each other in the same bed. I will wake him up every morning for breakfast or vice versa. I will wake up seeing his face! And maybe during Christmas the kids will jump on our bed shouting in exciteme- what the hell am I thinking about?! I can't stop these thoughts. These... Hopes.

I need to tell him. On Tuesday. Alone because if he doesn't feel the same way, I don't want the kids to witness anything that might happen.

The whole day I thought about the endless possibilities of me and Shawn. Mostly good because every time I think about the bad possibilities I feel like I might be on the edge of tears.

I really hope Shawn feels the same way.