Chapter Two

I unpack the groceries with help from Hayden. And when I mean help, I mean he unpacked the bags with the sweets in them. I restock the fridge and now it's finally full. I leave out mini pizzas and put them all in the oven. This is what I get for buying take out all the time. I don't know how to cook breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner. Unless it comes in a box and has instructions.

I take away the sweets on the table because if I leave it there SOMEONE will be hyper all day.

"Daddy?"

"Yes Hayden?"

"Who was that person?" I smiled.

"He is a old friend of mine I met a long time ago in a thing called Magcon. I was in it and so was he."

"Ohh is it still there?"

"Magcon? Kind of. It's not like what it used to be. Mostly filled with kids now."

"Can I be in it?" I laughed a little.

"No. If you asked back in my time, then yes you could."

After the pizzas were finished I put them on a plate and gave them to Hayden. We both ate in silence.

When we were done with our pizzas I get a phone call. I checked the caller ID and I was shocked to see who it was.

: Hello?

* Cameron?

: I knew it! Shawn? You still have the same number?

* Ahaha yeah and you do too!

: I know! Anyways what's up? Even though we just saw each other.

* I just wanted to make sure I had your number.

: I completely forgot to give you my number but I would've said it's the same as always.

* I know me too.

: But now that we are talking what are you doing?

* Watching my daughter dressing up as a rock star.

: Aww how cute

* Yeah. She's a dreamer. How about you? What are you doing?

: Oh just finished eating with my son.

* That's nice. So do you have any plans for today?

: Hmph I wish. Why don't you come over its been a while since we actually talked.

* That sounds awesome. Send me your address and I'll be there depending on far it is.

: Ahaha that sounds good.

After I finished the call I found myself sitting on the sink. I guess it is true when they say you do random things when you're talking on the phone.

I walk around the house to make sure everything looks clean. To be honest I don't know why. What mess can two people make and has take out all the time. It used to be Rachel who would make us dinner and clean because she's a clean freak. I chuckled then frowned. I miss her.

"Daddy why are you sad?" I turn my head. I can't have Hayden seeing me like this. I put down our picture. The only reason he's not too sad about her is because I stayed strong and he looks up to me.

"Because I don't know how to cook." I laugh to cover up my frown. He hugs me.

"It's okay I can't either." This time I actually laugh and he giggles.

"You're too cute. Do you want to play with the little girl we saw today with my friend?" I asked. He jumps excitedly.

"Yeah! Yeah! Can she be my best friend?" I smiled.

"Of course!"

It's two in the afternoon and I believe Shawn is knocking on my door. I open the door to see him and his daughter.

"Hello again you two. Come in." They both come in and Hayden runs up to the little girl Kaya.

"Hey do you want to play with me?" Hayden asks excitedly. She looks at her father. He nods and she smiles.

"Okay!"

They both run to the backyard and I look at Shawn and we both laughed.

"Come on."

I lead him to the kitchen and pull out two wine glasses from the cabinet.

"You want a drink? Last time I knew you, you hate alcohol." I said chuckling.

"Yeah just a little though." He said nodding and laughing.

I pull out a wine bottle and pour it in the glasses. I hand a glass to him and he thanks me.

"So lets catch up shall we?" Shawn says.

"Yeah. We'll be here for a while." I say laughing.

We had a basic conversation at first then we both really shared our stories. We share our emotions which there was some tears when discussing our passed away wives. How we managed and try to be there for our child. We gave each other emotional comfort. Then eventually when we finally let out our grief we loosened up.

We started talking about the good times we had with our family. Sharing funny stories, having laughs, and jokes.

After hours of talkng the kids come in.

"Daddy I'm hungry." Hayden says.

"Me too papa." Kaya says.

Shawn turns to me and smiles.

"Want to go out to eat? On me." I smile and nod.

"Sure. Thanks for the offer."

"No problem. Well we look ready so let's head out." Shawn says.

We get out of the house and we decided to take Shawn's car.

"Okay kids you ready? Seatbelts on?" Shawn says and turns to me and smiles. I smile.

"Yes papa."

"Yes sir!"

I laugh.

"You too! You're the one driving!" I scold.

"You're right. I should be more responsible." We laughed as he was about to drive.

This is how me and Rachel used to normally be. I would be upset because every time something reminds me of her I would frown. But Shawn has helped me accept my loss. Just like how I helped him accept his loss.

We went off to a restaurant... As a family.