{ 03 }

{ Third Person }

"Hey are you sure with this?" a girl with black hair whispered to her green haired friend as the two of them quietly and skillfully jumped from one tree to the other without falling or making any noise.

"Of course I'm sure." Taka whispered back before stopping. Mizu stopped behind her. Taka smiled and she turned to her friend.

"We're here." she whispered as sh brought away a few leaves in front of them. Mizu looked at the sight behind the leaves.

"Is that..." Mizu asked as she continued to stare at the tower with a tinted sunglass that can determine everyone that can be seen with it. Taka nodded.

"Yes... Yusuke's next mission."

••••

"Here it is." Taka threw a set of files at Koenma's desk, making him look up at her in confusion.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Another mission for your detective." Mizu answered while busy unwrapping a lollipop and walking over to the trash can on the very corner of the room.

"Last time you were drinking a soda, and this time it's lollipop. What is it with high the sugared goods?" Koenma asked in curiosity as Mizu came back from throwing the wrapped of her lollipop. She released the lollipop with a pop as she placed a hand on her hip.

"It's a habit." she said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. Koenma shrugged it off as he scanned the files the two gave him.

The three suddenly felt a presence. There, on another far corner of the room, is a figure dressed in all black.

"Oh. Hiei. There you are." Koenma called the figure. Hiei didn't made a sound, instead, remained silent and still, leaning his back at the wall.

Taka and Mizu had the instinct to check their sunglasses to see who the stranger is.

"I never knew that you're hiring demons now, sir." Mizu commented when her lollipop is not in her mouth.

"He's one of the demon that stole the artifacts, remember?" Taka said to Mizu while Mizu was sucking on her lollipop. Mizu's eyes beamed.

"Oh! I remember now..." she uttered while the lollipop is in her mouth. She stepped a few steps to the said demon. She crossed her arms as she stared at Hiei for awhile. The latter opened his eyes and glared menacingly at Mizu.

Mizu's eyes widened behind the tinted sunglasses she's wearing.

'He has red eyes...' she thought. When the red eyed demon closed his eyes once again and ignored the black haired girl.

Mizu suddenly felt that someone is reading her mind. A strong one. She increased her mind barriers as she turned back to where Koenma and Taka are.

"Yukina, huh?" Koenma said loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"Yes. That's her name, alright." Taka replied. Mizu suddenly felt a gaze behind her. She turned her body once again as she and the red eyed demon's gaze met. But this time, he's not glaring. It's a different one. It's a puzzled yet a confused and surprised one. Mizu took this chance to look briefly into his mind.

Mizu's eyes slowly widened at the information that she gathered before the eye contact was lost. She looked away and remained quiet until she and Taka are about to leave.

She flashed a last glance at the certain demon at the very corner of the spacious room before she walked out of the office.

"Are you okay?" Taka asked Mizu when Koenma's door closed. Mizu nodded while looking down to her feet with her hand under her chin, deep in thought.