{ 08 }

{ Mizumi }

It had been a month since Urameshi had been absent in school.

But of course, me and Takako know that he's doing that to train for the Dark Tournament.

Kuwabara had also gone off to train. He'd been pretty scared when the Younger Toguro showed up. And so, from what I remembered, he asked for the fox and the red-eyed demon to train him.

Me and Takako had done a lot of training too. Koenma gave us a lot since we were to protect Keiko from harm. But of course, it's only for twice or thrice a week or so. Keiko would wonder where a few scratches would come from if we'd take the training for seven whole days.

I slipped my scarf on my neck and looked at myself on the mirror.

I smiled when I saw that I'm finally ready. Today's a school day and probably one of my rest days since we had a training yesterday.

I poked my right cheek to where the exact location of my past wound is. It healed about three weeks ago but I can still remember it bleed the time I got it.  It was when Koenma got me on a surprise training. By myself. It didn't hurt much though. I had a resistance to pain—as they all had praised me with it.

I brought my hand back down and grabbed my bag before skipping down out my room with my socks on.

I immediately went to the refrigerator and opened it. I smiled as I felt the cold ran pass me. I grabbed the nearest milk tetra pak and closed the refrigerator.

By the counter, I saw three bowls. That's right. I brought a hand in the middle bowl and grabbed an orange colored lollipop.

"Orange! Yay!" I cheered as I placed the lollipop inside my bag.

Then, a knock was heard from the front door. I brought my bag and tetra pak down on the table for awhile and immediately running towards it. I opened the door to reveal who's knocking me at this time of the day.

"Good morning, Mizu. Here's your bento." it's only Grandma Ryusaki. She's the mother of my father—technically my grandmother.

I may be living alone in this apartment but I'm being take cared of Grandma Ryusaki. Ever since mom and dad passed away, Grandma Ryusaki had been there for me all the way. She gave me food for my everyday life. When I turned thirteen, since I always wanted to live by myself—but not technically all alone, I lived here in this apartment with Grandma Ryusaki right next door. There's a passageway from my kitchen to her apartment if ever she comes by to give me my breakfast, dinner and lunch.

"Oh. It's you, Grandma. You know, you could've used the door by the kitchen connecting your room, right?" I said as I let her enter.  She smiled but declined.

"I'm just here to say that I have to go to the market today, dear. We're out of onions and meat." she informed me with a smile. She's like the mother I never had.

"Oh... okay. But take this..." I paused as I reached out to the pocket of my skirt and was about to grab my wallet when she stopped me.

"Don't worry about the money. I have enough to pay for the groceries." she said calmly. I frowned.

"B-But—"

"I know that you've been saving the riches that your parents left you, dear. There's no need to give me money." she said. I hesitated but nodded anyway. I waved good bye before she walked away.

I looked at the clock at the living room and cursed. I ran towards my bag and tetra pak on the table before running towards the door. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my apartment keys on my key holder just by the door.