{ 06 }

{ Kuwabara }

"Mizumi!"

We all turned our heads to where Keiko's pointed at. It's Mizumi, standing at the door. She seemed like lost in thought because she jumped and almost bumped into the door.

"Oh. Hi there." she spoke, waving her hand while grinning. Although I can see that her grin is a forced one. And I noticed one more thing. She has a bandage on her right cheek.

All of us went towards Mizumi

All of us went towards Mizumi. I visited Urameshi's class to thank Takako for the thing she gave me yesterday—I forgot it's name though. But still.

"What happened to you? We're worried sick, we don't know what happened to you!" Keiko scolded her. Mizumi scratched the back of her head and nervously laughed.

"Well... I have things to take care of in my apartment so..." she mumbled, awkwardly laughing afterwards.

"What happened to your cheek?" Keiko asked worriedly, pointing at the bandage on her right cheek.

"Uhh... I slipped yesterday and I didn't noticed a rock... heheh." she nervously said, scratching lightly her other cheek that's not bandaged a finger.

"Slipped? Seriously?" Yusuke remarked. Keiko scolded him. And while she wasn't looking at Mizumi, I swear Takako and Mizumi were communicating eye-to-eye. Although it was only for a few seconds or so. I shrugged it off when I heard the bell rang.

Nah. It's maybe because they're best friends.

••••

"You two are cousins?!"

Takako tilted her head to the side and raised an eyebrow. We were currently at the rooftop. It's kind of our place to stay during breaks.

"Isn't it obvious?" she questioned like it was the most obvious thing in the world. All of us shook our heads.

Takako laughed as she told us her and Mizumi's story. It turns out, the reason why Takako is a miko is because she's an heir to the family shrine and it was also a  tradition to be one. And the reason why Mizumi isn't a miko is she isn't directly related to the Miyamoto family. Since Mizumi's father and Takako's mother are siblings, then it explains why they don't have the same surnames and are certainly cousins.

Oh. I get that because Takako was great at telling things. She even answered all my questions when I don't get one single detail.

But one thing is still bugging me.

Unusually, Mizumi kept quiet—even if Urameshi teases her or something—and just stared off to the distance. One more thing.

She's not eating or drinking anything sweet or sugary.

Although she still wears her usual scarf on. But still. It's very suspicious.

Since Mizumi was quiet, Takako was the one who told us about her. Mizumi is the daughter of the brother of Takako's mother. The Ryusaki family is known for their absolute and unlimited riches due to its enormous business all over the world—well, except for the Spirit World & Demon World. Mizumi is also currently living alone but she has her parent's riches with her. She doesn't have any family left besides Takako.