{ 05 }

{ Koenma }

"You sure do know how to destroy someone's beauty rest, huh?"

I looked up from my pile of papers to see Mizu, sipping from the straw of a tetra pak beverage after she spoke.

"Isn't it a bit early for drinks?" I asked and she stopped drinking and faced the front of the packaging.

"It's milk." she bluntly said. True to her words, I found the four-letter word on the packaging before she took it away and drank again. I cleared my throat and realized something.

"Where is Taka?" I asked.

"She called in sick for today. It was a busy day, yesterday for her." Mizu uttered with a shrug as she walked towards the trash bin and threw the tetra pak she's drinking her milk on. She walked back in front of me with her arms crossed.

"Let's get this over with."

••••

{ Yusuke }

I was planning on asking Takako if there was something hidden in their shrine. But unfortunately, the teacher said that both her and Mizumi called in sick.

"I think they're just tired from their work. I mean, making all those arrangements for all those people and all." Kuwabara said as I voiced out to him my problem.

"Yeah, right. I bet they're hiding something that they don't want us to know." I uttered.

At the end of the day, I met up with Kurama at his school to talk about our suspicions on the two girls.

"Well isn't this a lovely walk home for a couple of guys like us?" I joked as I kicked a pebble out of the pavement.

"Hardly romantic, if I must say Yusuke." Kurama let out an amused smile.

I sighed and put my hands in my pockets. "So what do you think, Kurama? We comfront them or something?"

"Something similar to what you said." he looked straight ahead. "I suggest we should go back to the shrine to get answers ourselves or ask Koenma about these girls." he suggested.

I snorted. "I doubt binky-breath has anything more than the usual stuff about them. If he has, this would be a case already and we're already beating someone up." I said, shrugging at the thought.

"Then that leaves us no choice but to go back to the shrine." Kurama stated and I nodded with a grin.

"Yeah. Good old confrontation it is!" I snickered.

••••

We were back at walking up on the twice-than-at-old hag's stairs. Kuwabara tagged along since he still believes Takako could help him with Yukina.

Hopeful bastard. What would happen if he finds out Yukina is Hiei's sister? He'll get his heart broken and get his sorry ass kicked by Hiei, probably.

"Excuse me?"

I, Kurama and Kuwabara turned our heads to a girl with normal looks, wearing what Takako wore in our first visit here—a kimono, base from what I heard from our History Teacher last time we talked about it in class. Well, atleast I'm part listening

"We're looking for Takako Miyamoto. We've heard she lives here." my voice itself made the girl flinched.

"Don't get too anxious, Yusuke." Kurama whispers and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Please tell Miss Miyamoto that we would like to speak with her." he directed in a gentle tone which causes the girl to blush and shy away again.

Great. We can't just barge in in there, can we?