{ 10 }

{ Keiko }

I miss Yusuke.

He'd been gone for exactly two months. He only called me for one time. And that was five weeks ago.

I'm worried.

"Botan." I called out to the girl—who was currently with me, Atsuko and Shizuru.

"Yes, dear?" she answered as she glanced her eyes to me. A frown found its way to my face.

She sighed, "You miss him again, don't you?"

I brought my eyes to the floor ans stayed silent- of course, anyone would notice.

Botan was about to speak again when Shizuru beat her to it.

"Speaking of Yusuke, I wonder if Kazuma's with him." she muttered as she inspected a beer can, "He hasn't been home for weeks."

"Do you know anything about where they are, Botan?" I turned to Botan, who seemed to be startled at my question.

"Ah- What? Yusuke and Kuwabara? Uhm- No. Not-" She stuttered, "Dear, I don't know where they are." she innocently waved her hands in front of her.

My eyes narrowed at her.

"Botan, you know where Yusuke had gone, don't you?" I stood up from my bed as she backed to the wall behind her.

"I don't have any idea where my brother has gone, either." Shizuru stated in a serious tone, her cigarette between her lips as she spoke.

"He hasn't contacted us in a long time!" Atsuko retorted, drunk.

"Really? That is a concern, huh?" Botan laughed nervously. "Where could they have gone, indeed?" she added.

Atsuko then kneeled down in front of Botan so that they're at the same height.

"You know, don't you? Come on, tell the truth." she said to her in a serious manner.

"Please, Botan!" I begged.

"B-but—"

Botan was then cut off by the sudden sound of my bedroom door opening.

"It's alright, Botan."

And there stood Takako, her green hair swaying behind her as she walked in the room.

"Koenma permitted to inform them of these 'things' as long as the both of them can handle secrets." She flashed a small smile at me and closed the door.

Finally! I released Botan from my tight grip and looked at Takako who had her arms crossed.

"Whatever you will know, see and hear," she started with unusual seriousness. "From now on until your last day is calssified information of the Spirit World. You can't let anyone know that, do we have a deal?"

I and Shizuru nodded in return. Atsuko was already out cold.

"But how about Mizumi?" I asked.

She waved her hand, "Mizumi already knows about it, don't worry."

Who else knows?

I nodded in understanding as we all sat down on the floor.

"Okay, so... let's start from the three worlds."

••••

{ Takako }

"So, they're representatives of the Human world." Kuwabara's older sister, Shizuru muttered.

"And they're fighting demons in the Dark Tournament? T-they can't be..." Keiko paled before suddenly passing out.

Botan and I both caught her fall.

"There, didn't I tell you?" Botan said regarding Keiko.

"Still, those guys are acting crazy." Shizuru stated, putting out her cigarette.

"They can't exactly avoid those kind of situations, now can they?" I said, placing Keiko's head on my lap.

"They have to fight in order for them to survive!" Botan declared.

Keiko's consciousness suddenly returned as she grabbed my arms and looked at me seriously.

"Take us there, please!" she insisted.

I knew that she was faking it, her breathing was fine.

Shizuru stood up and headed inside a room- most likely to pack for the journey. Botan pleaded 'No' with her eyes.

I stood up and sighed, "May I borrow the telephone? I'm booking tickets to Hanging Neck Island."

Keiko arbuptly nodded and ran to where Shizuru headed off. Botan walked towards me, she's definitely worried.

"You're coming too? What about your life here? You can't just disappear."

I dialed the numbers of the travel agency, "Like I've said, don't worry. I told my family I was called to apprentice in a shrine in the province and Mizumi probably told her grandmother to take a vacation out of the country."

She relaxed a bit, "Who else knows?"

"That we're the Spirit World Intelligence? If I were you, I would ask who doesn't know yet." My lips formed a smirk as Botan beamed in her seat.

"Don't tell me Yusuke and Kuwabara don't know it yet?!"

"Bingo" I playfully mocked with a wink as the travel agency operator answered my call.

"Good evening, this is Taka. I would like to book 5 tickets to Hanging Neck Island. Yes, tomorrow morning would be the perfect depature time."

I patiently waited for the operator to return.

Botan lingered around, "The island is privately owned. How could you just ring a travel agency to book tickets?"

"I have connections, legal or underground." I simply answered.

She was about to speak when the operator confirmed my purchase- Mizumi was there to handle the payment.

I ended the transaction and headed to the door.

"We'll be picking you girls up at 4 am tommorow. Make sure to leave Urameshi's mother a letter." With that I closed the door and made my way home.

••••

By home, I mean Mizumi's place. It's been a week since I told my parents about that "apprenticeship" and Gradmother Ryusaki is much more pleasant than my grandmother.

If my grandmother were to welcome me later, she would reprimand me for walking late at night without an escort.

And she'd be right.

I stopped dead on my tracks. A cold harsh breeze passed me and went to rustle the leaves.

No, it wasn't just a breeze. There was spirit energy in that force and it was just a small amount, a restricted amount of energy released.

I stepped under a lamp post beside a tree and looked up, hoping to see something.

But it just vanished.

This isn't stalking. Someone was clearly trying to put himself into the picture.

••••

A/N:
Yay! We're back bishes! Sorry we got busy with school and stuff. But now, we're ready for some kickin! (I mean writing hahahahah). Now, who's ready for more?
-rozette & denise