{ 12 }

{ Kurama }

"Third challengers, come forward!"

I looked at the other team, waiting for one of them to step forward. I can hear the audience telling them to hurry up. It seems like my match had been an eye-opener for them.

"Such a bunch of plastics." I heard Takako muttered under her breath, referring to the demons on the audience.

"I know right." Mizumi commented as she pursed her lips while peeling the wrapper off the lollipop she plans on eating. I'm still wondering why she constantly eat sweets. Maybe it has something to do with her spiritual energy.

"Third challengers, come forward!" Koto, the announcer looked impatient already as she repeated her announcement for the third time again. Suddenly, someone did went up on the stage from the our opponent.

"It's Zeru!"
"Zeru is already coming forward!"

"Zeru! Then he isn't their captain?" I concluded, taken aback. I really thought he'd the captain of their group.

"So then, the last two are stronger?" Kuwabara also questioned.

"No." we turned to Hiei. "There's no mistake, he's the strongest among them. But knowing that ridiculous bunch, they probably chose their order however they saw fit."

"I'm getting hungry...." we heard Yusuke mutter in his sleep.

"How long are you going to sleep?! I mean really?!" Botan exclaimed to him.

"Don't mind him. At least he's going to be ready when it's his turn to fight." Takako commented 

"He's been sleeping for hours, Takako. I'm sure he's pretty well rested by then." Mizumi countered, glaring at our sleeping captain.

"Urameshi team! Send your third challenger forward!" Koto called.

"I'll go. He made quite the fool of us yesterday after all." Hiei said while smirking before throwing his scarf behind, skipping towards the ring.

"If you're going to throw a clothing, you should've estimated who it's going to land on." I heard Mizumi and when I turned to look at her, she was narrowing her eyes at Hiei, his scarf on her head. I lightly chuckled, knowing full well the two's chemistry.

"Rokuyokai Team, Zeru! Urameshi Team, Hiei!"

"Your demon energy of fire... You're a user of flame techniques?" Hiei questioned with interest. How did he know? "I saw the cup you made in the cup you broke. It looked as though you had cut it with a sharp blade, but the edges were slightly melted. Your technique is pretty rough, huh?" 

"Wow, Hiei must've have good eyesight. I wonder if he's eating apple for that. Do you think I should ask him his diet?" Mizumi turned to me, holding her lollipop on one hand.

"I can ask him for you if you like." I offered.

"Nah, you shouldn't. Mizumi just wants an excuse to talk to your friend over there." Takako grinned, smirking. Mizumi's been teasing her to me ever since, it must be fulfilling for Takako to get back to her this time. Oh, and did I said that I was positioned in the middle of the two?

"Yeah, you're right. Well, at least I'm not denying it." Mizumi shrugged casually, as if she was not affected by it. Takako huffed at this and crossed her arms.

I awkwardly chuckled as I heard Koto shout, "Begin!"

Just when I looked ahead, my eyes widened when I saw the stage on fire all of a sudden. And the fire is spreading all around. I saw Mizumi skip towards Koto, catching her before she falls of the stage. I stepped back when the fire continued to spread outside the ring, towards us. Takako stepped forward and moved herself in front of me, with some kind of shield made of her spirit energy in front of her. Koenma said that she can form any weapon she desires with her spirit energy. I'm still amazed at how she's capable to do that.

I focused on the match again and saw Zeru speak something—must be a threat—before attacking Hiei with a fireball.

"Ah! Hiei has skillfully avoided Contestant Zeru's spectral fireball!" Koto had went up on the ring again, with Mizumi behind her, watching the match.

Zeru then sent multiple fireballs at Hiei, who was on the air. Hiei was already on the roof and when he dodged a fireball, a little portion of the roof crumbled to pieces and fell on the audience.

"Keiko." Takako gasped as she scanned the audience. I also did the same and when we saw that Keiko and Kuwabara's brother was a bit away from the falling debris, I heard her sigh in relief. Right, they're just here to protect Keiko, after all.

"No sooner are we underway than Contestant Zeru launches a staggering attack! Hiei is completely on the defensive." Koto announced when Hiei had landed safely on the ring.

"Oh I doubt that. He's just showing off how fast he is." I was able to hear Mizumi—who was still behind Koto—say. She has her elbow on the ring, her chin on one of her palms as her other hand held the lollipop stick of the lollipop she just placed in her mouth.

"How was that? You must be speechless." Zeru said calmly but with boast in his tone. "A rat like you couldn't put together this kind of Demon Energy in your whole life!"

"Enough talk! Come on!" Hiei responded, unaffected.

"I'm done playing." Zeru announced and spread his arms wide, the flames around him going upwards. Takako eased herself and her shield disappeared. She sighed and closed her eyes for a second, clearly exhausted.

"What the hell is this?" Kuwabara exclaimed. Zeru's flames were already gathered on top of him. It's like... he's sucking the flames to himself.

"What's this?" Koto spoke. "Contestant Zeru's skin color is changing!" She's right. His once pale skin was turning red.

"Wow this is something you don't see everyday." Mizumi commented. I turned to her and saw that she's already beside Takako.

"Hey, you okay?" she inquired her cousin.

Takako was still panting, sweat on her forehead. "Yes, I'm fine. His fire's quite hot, you know." she chuckled, trying to light up the mood.

Just when we turned back to the match, we all held our breaths as we saw what happened.

Zeru had pierced Hiei with his hand.

{ a/n }

hi guys so yeah i'm all alone now :( hahah just kidding. although i'm serious when i said i'm going to do this alone hahahah. anyways, i'm so hype again with this one lol.

The Cause and The Effect { A Yu Yu Hakusho Love Story }On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara