{ 09 }

{ Hiei }

Hn.

I didn't expect her to even last a minute.

"I thought you're friends with Urameshi! Bring Keiko back!" the woman shouted at me. I glared at her.

"He is not my friend, woman." I curtly replied while blocking her attacks at me with my sword. She may have lasted at least five minutes but she's not strong enough to beat me.

Although I noticed that there's something unusual with her weapon. It's not an ordinary weapon that you'll see everyday.

The weapon itself is somehow connected to her. Unlike her friend, her weapon is not based on her spirit energy. It's a real weapon that's originally a scarf at first but every time she "activates" it, her right eye will turn from black into blue. Meanwhile, her left eye will stay the same.

She jumped backwards and panted, obviously exhausted. I flashed her a sly smirk.

"Already tired? We're not even starting yet." I remarked and she gritted her teeth. She stood upright on the branch and smirked.

"Don't underestimate me, Jaganshi." she said while pointing her naginata upwards. A thunder suddenly rumbled on the sky. For some reason, I felt my stomach curl. I pushed off the feeling and huffed.

I sensed Kurama's presence behind me. It looks like him and the other woman had just paused from their fight.

"Well, that's what you don't see everyday." I heard him mumble to himself.

"Koenma didn't warned us about this, right?" he added. I huffed.

"That proves your hunch, then." I replied at him. He nodded.

The other woman, Takako, also went beside her partner. She glared daggers to Kurama while still holds on to her bow that is made by her Spirit Energy.

Wait... what is this?

I looked up to the sky and felt another drop of rain.

"The rain's not toxic. No need to be afraid of it." Mizumi said. I narrowed my eyes at her as she did the same.

"Although I'm not using it just for decoration." she added as she swings her naginata—that is still pointed at the sky—in a circular manner. I can feel the rain getting harder, along with my clothes. I ignored it and gripped my sword harder, prepared of what she does next. There was another rumble from the sky again, but before that, there was a flash of lightning that I almost didn't noticed Takako running towards us—without her Spirit Bow.

Kurama was the first to react, whipping towards her direction. Although, she was able to dodged it with ease, launching towards Kurama.

My eyes averted back to Mizumi when I saw in the corner of my eye that she had already removed herself from the branch she had been standing on for awhile.

She tried to hit me with her naginata—that is on a position that is directly pointing at me. I easily hit the pole of her naginata with my sword to prevent it from hitting me.

But I didn't expect her to change her naginata back into a scarf and easily brought her hand down so that the scarf was also pulled down without getting hit by my sword. The next thing I know, the scarf turned into a naginata again, it was pointed to my neck and I was being pushed to a tree—that was actually behind me. I accidentally let go of my sword—to my dismay—because she managed to hit my right arm to the tree with her left arm.

I grunted and gave her a piercing glare. She smirked as I felt the edge of her naginata touch the skin of my neck.

"What's your plan now, Jaganshi?" she hissed. I smirked when she slightly flinched when my sword was pointed on her neck by Kurama.

"You'll need to draw out your weapon first, Mizumi." Kurama said as he nods at me. I smirked at Mizumi and she glares at me.

"Drop both your weapons. NOW. I may not be able to defeat you in this way, Kurama, but I know everything. Every information and detail that I can use against you." I looked over at the other woman who was standing behind Kurama as I also saw a flash of lighting from afar. I huffed in annoyance and closed my eyes, waiting for this to be over.

"I won't drop my weapon unless you drop yours, Kurama." I heard the woman in front of me stated. It looks like Kurama hasn't brought the weapon down yet. A loud thunder rumbled from the skies.

"How did you knew about my mother first, Takako?" I heard Kurama asked—obviously to the other woman.

"We followed you, of course. That was our job." the other woman answered.

"Don't you think it's time to tell her? No matter how obedient and diligent the son is, a mother likes the warm feeling when her son trusts her." she added. I opened my eyes to see Kurama bringing down my sword and Mizumi bringing down her naginata. Kurama handed me my sword and sighed.

"The more she knows of it, the more my enemies will come and find her. I need and want to protect her, Takako. I hope you'll understand." Kurama said in a sincere way. I closed my eyes with a huff as I leaned backwards to the tree, crossing my arms.

"Protecting a human. You've been soft ever since you came here, Kurama." I scoffed. I can hear and feel the rain turn into a light drizzle.

"Wait. Where the heck is Keiko?!" Mizumi exclaimed when the rain had disappeared

"She's already in the inn, Mizumi. No need to worry." Kurama assured her. Mizumi and the other woman sighed in relief. I opened my eyes and glared at Mizumi. She seemed to have noticed it and glared back.

"What's your problem? You captured our friend and then attack us like that! We can arrest the two of you, you know?" she shouted and I huffed, closing my eyes again.

"Why did the two of you captured Keiko and attack us, anyway?" Takako asked.

"Isn't obvious? Koenma ordered us to do so. The fight earlier was just a test."

{ Koenma }

I gulped.

It wasn't because I was afraid to get caught by these two girls—well, I am afraid of what they might do to me.

I shut my eyes when the girls slowly looked up—as if they know there was a camera watching the whole thing.

That's right. They know. Of course.

I shut my eyes tighter and turned my body away from the screen.

"Don't zoom in, ogre." I ordered while holding onto my chair.

"There you go, sir. I have zoomed in the screen just like you asked." Ogre said after he clicked a button.

My eyes widened and grabbed the remote to whack him on the head.

"YOU IDIOT! I TOLD YOU NOT TO ZOOM IN ARE YOU DEAF?!" I shouted at him. He kneeled as he begs for mercy while I continue to whack him.

"Oh Koenma~" Mizu's—who's called Mizumi, that I assume is her real name—voice echoed from the screen.

It was the echo of my forthcoming fear.

I gulped and nervously looked at the screen.

"GAH!" I yelped and fell down the moment I looked at the big screen. 

They had a dark aura around them. Their eyes glared at me—as if they know where to look—with the intention of murder.

"We should pay him a visit, don't you think?" Taka—that's called as Takako by Kurama earlier—has the same venom in her tone, her lips twitching as she tries to form a [fake] smile. I shuddered in fear.

Their eyes glared further and their hair was [moving] like snakes. The dark aura grew darker and filled the screen.

I am so gonna be in trouble.

••••

A/N: You guys can imagine whatever you want to what happens to Koenma hahahahah. school is coming! wah! no!
-rozette & denise