Chapter 8 Things like that shows how lucky I am!

I just stood their staring out of the widow in a daze. The words dad had said just stuck in my head.

"Because it looks like you can't handle your own family"

The same words raced over and over again across my over guilted mind.

What could I handle?

Could I handle my family ?

Could I ?

Now that was a question I couldn't answer. Because I couldn't admit the truth, because I didn't even know what the truth is.

"Rach, I'm going out, I'll meet yah at Sue's" Jake said hurriedly heading towards the door.

" Er Kay see yah" I said trying to sound casual but failing.

"You alright" Jake said stopping and turning in my direction sounding concerned.

"Sure, sure go on I'll see yah later"

"Don't worry about dad, he'll have cool down when you see him again later" he said trying to sound confident about it, but not succeeding.

"Yeah , yeah I know"

He gave me a look that meant he didn't believe me and then went out the door with a worried expression on his face.

…...

At ten to three I decided to start the walk to the Clearwater's house where my welcome party was going to be. I grabbed my leather brown jacket and picking up my shoulder bag with my blackberry phone and purse, walked out the door and I was left with my memory's for the walk.

FLASHBACK FROM MEMEORY

"Do you have to go" My little seven year old self unhappily said to my so many years a go living mother.

"Yes"

It was a though years be four her death and her and dad were going away for a weekend for some special time you know what I'm saying. Mum was dropping us off like she always did at the Clearwater's while dad did the last check around the house for things.

At the Clearwater's house we were allowed to stay up late, since at seven you miss your parents a lot when they go a way for a night, so than uncle Harry and Ant Sue always let me, Becky and Leah stay up late watching movies and eating junk food.

"Why" I said begging to cry.

"Because me and daddy are going away for the weekend" She said putting her arm around my shoulders in comfort.

"Why can't we come" I said in a wine.

"You don't want to come and do boring stuff do you"

"Yes I do, I want to be with you and daddy"

" But you and Becky get to stay up with Leah and do what you want"

"But I'll miss you"

"Will miss you to honey, but will call you every night yeah"

"Alright" I said reluctantly.

"Be a big girl" I nodded " Good girl " She said now brushing my cheek and giving me a hug. She turned to let go of me, but I wouldn't let her go just hugging her tighter. "It'll be over be four you know it"