26

The ride home from New Milton didn't seem to take as long as I remembered it to, however I had fallen asleep almost instantly after getting buckled in.

Harry's little birthday getaway was perfect. It was smooth sailing the whole time... Well apart from bumping into my sisters? But it wasn't like that ruined the trip, if anything, it actually excited me a little.

Estelle and Viola had somehow managed to beat us home which surprised me since they'd had no idea where we lived. Our house wasn't exactly the easiest place to find.

"They were fast." Harry stated, but I think it was suppose to be more of a silent thought.

Harry and I had agreed to let them stay with us for a few days, Harry thought it would be nice for me to bond with them and I can't say I'm not looking forward to it. I had the whole 'weekend' planned out.

Saturday we were going to stay in and have a girly pamper day, Sunday we were all meeting up with Katy and Elysee for a late brunch, Monday Harry had work and the three of us were going to head into town and spend probably all of the money in our accounts, and finally on Tuesday we decided to keep it quiet, maybe go for a walk around the park or something. It really just depends on the weather and how we're feeling.

As we pulled into our park in the garage, Estelle and Viola exited their car and started to unload their luggage. I held my hand out to, Harry, silently asking for the house and nodding my head over to my sisters in a silent gesture to go help them.

On my way up to the front door a large package caught my attention. I hadn't ordered anything and I don't remember, Harry mentioning anything about a large order.

Continuing my way up the few steps cautiously, I leaned over the box to try and find a return address or who it's addressed to but there's nothing on it but black tape.

"Uh, Harry." I call but don't remove my eyes from the box. Seconds later he comes jogging around the corner with four bags on his arms. and a duffel bag hanging around his neck.

I point at the box in front of me and watch as he sets all the bags down. He looked just as confused as I do and that causes a really unsettling feeling to dwell in the pit of my stomach.

"Who's it from?" He queries, but I don't have an answer so I just shrug my shoulders and unlock the door for my sisters as they round the corner.

"Just set your stuff down in the living room for now, it's just to your left over there. I'll show you your rooms in a bit." I smile and they thank me before heading inside.

When I made no further move to investigate the box, Harry took his keys that were still hanging in the door and used the mini switchblade attached to them to cut along the taped lines.

The box was full of packing peanuts and confetti which means whatever's in the box must be delicate or small.

Harry dug through all the confetti and peanuts until he finally pulled something out.

The unsettled feeling inside of me only increased as he held a porcelain doll in his hands. It was me. The doll was dressed in a replica of what I had been wearing on our final day in New Milton. The light makeup, the hair, even the shoes. Harry looked between the doll and I before putting it down on the deck and digging through the box again.

A few seconds later he pulled an envelope from the box and tore it open with a deep from on his face. His eyes scanned over the paper several times before he gave it to me.

You can't run forever, Juliet
- J.

The paper slipped from my hands and my vision became blurry. No, no this can't be happening.

My breaths became deeper and more frequent and my eyes were watering within seconds. Suddenly, catching Harry by surprise I bent over to pick the damned doll up and threw it down the stairs as hard as I could.

I watched in almost slow motion as it shattered into hundreds of little pieces, scattered all along the pathway. I stood motionless as Estelle and Viola joined us on the porch with worried frowns sketched on their pretty faces.

Harry took my face in between his hands and I could see his mouth moving but I couldn't register what he was saying. My surrounding suddenly began to fade until everything went black.

---

"Is she going to be alright?" A feminine voice asked quietly from somewhere in the room. I wanted to get up and see who it was but I didn't have the strength in me to even open my eyes.

"Yeah.. Yeah, she'll be perfectly fine." Harry, I wan't my, Harry.

---

Someone's arms were wrapped securely around my waist, but I didn't even have to open my eyes to realize that it was, Harry. The way I felt completely safe and secure being a dead give away.

I opened my eyes slowly, at first my vision was blurry but it didn't take long for them to adjust to being opened after so long. I tilted my head up from its position on Harry's chest and looked at him, really looked at him.

He was a fallen angel in disguise, that's the only way to truly describe him. He looked beautiful in his sleeping state, peaceful, like nothing could ever harm him, and it's going to be my mission to shield him from my past as best I can.

jasper was troubled, he used to play these... these games with me. He would hide things important to me and the only way I would ever find them was if I played his game.

He used to make my life a living hell, and I guess he's not done just yet.

---

- Unedited -

I'm so sorry it took me so long, now is just a really stressful time at school but here's the update.

Also my school formal is in TEN DAYS!!!! I'm so so excited. I also have acrylic nails and they're kinda annoying because when I type something they push the letter above the letter I want....

Virgin |h.s|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें