1

(rewritten)

'What am I doing with my life', I think to myself. There are over a million things that I could be doing, but right now I'm sitting on a wooden bench outside my apartment complex watching the vast variety of different people walking by.

We've got the flashy twelfth graders with their crop tops and too short skirts that are for more than to simply 'cover up'. Then there's the nerdy, full grown men holding plastic wrapped collectible superhero magazines in their greasy fingers. There is also the eye candy a.k.a the tall, dark, and handsome men in gym shorts and basketball tanks. 

And then there is me. The awkward, troubled girl with very limited friends and barely a social life at all. Not that it's anyone's fault but my own.

It's not like I don't want to have any friends. I just prefer to do things on my own, be my own person and not be influenced or held back by those around me. Growing up I was always manipulated into doing things by everyone around me. But again, that was my fault for listening and letting it happen. 

I had to learn from a very young age that people won't always have the best intentions for you. They will drain you of everything you have, and then leave like it meant nothing. Like you meant nothing.

My parents never expressed their love or even interest toward me as a kid and even to this day. We never saw eye to eye and it put this mentality in my head that well, if even my own parents have it in them to mentally and verbally abuse me, who's to say everyone else won't. I was better off alone so I ran away as soon as I graduated high school and I've never looked back.

They never tried to contact me and in a sick way it brought a sense of peace upon me.

I outwardly groan and rake my fingers through my hair. The weather took a turn over the past minutes and it was now considerably colder than when I first sat down. I had no motivation to move so I reached into my pocket to pull out my phone.

My headphones were resting in my lap so I plugged them into my phone and opened up Spotify. I had recently discovered a new found love for a group called 'Two Door Cinema Club'. Something about their music seemed to always put me in a better mood.

I resumed playing their album and let out a little happy squeak when 'Lavender' started playing through my head.

Still kinda bored I start to twirl a tendril of hair around my index finger to the beat of the song. I almost wanted to close my eyes and relax for a moment, but I stop my movements when my eyes land on an intriguing man.

He stood directly across the road from me in an emerald green, velvet trench coat. In his hand he half a sheet of A4 paper that he continued to pin onto a notice board.

From where I was sitting I could see that he had chocolate brow curls messily styled into a sad excuse of a quiff. His lips were such a vibrant pink that I could clearly see them even with the distance that was between us, and the black skinny jeans he wore were well loved and looked like they were too tight to be comfortable.

After he pins the flyer, he looks left and right before stuffing his rather large hands into his coat pockets. He never skips a beat as he starts walking away in the same direction he came from.

To say I was curious was the biggest understatement of the year. I check my surroundings to make sure no ones watching and stand to cross the almost dead street. I tug my headphones from my ears, wrap them around my phone and push them back into my coat pocket.

Being a little paranoid, I check my surroundings once more before crossing the road. The flyer is easy to find since there's only one other thing pinned to it, so I quickly pull it from the board and skim over its content.

It had a heading that read; 

Casting Audition:
First Time Virgin Defloration

My cheeks flush profusely at what I was reading, they then turn an even deeper shade of red as I feel like someone is boring holes into the back of my head with their watchful gaze. 

Suddenly feeling extremely uncomfortable, I fold the slip of paper twice and stuff it into the same pocket as my phone. When the road is clear of cars, I run across the street and through the large glass doors of my apartment complex.

I'm not sure whether or not it was a good idea to come into the building I live in when I knew someone was watching, but I just completely pushed the thought from my mind and ride the elevator to the eleventh floor. 

The view from my bedroom window was enough to calm my nerves, I had a view of downtown/ central LA, and I know for a lot of people looking at a bunch of buildings isn't exactly the most calming sight, but I love it. I like being able to look at this window at whatever hour and know I'm not alone.

I put my phone on charge and decide to play some music through my UE Boom. While swaying to the soothing voice of, Shoffy I lazily change into some comfy clothes. I pause the music and take my phone, the flyer, and a throw blanket with me to my living room. I've decided that tonight is the perfect night to eat popcorn and watch something that will make me cry.

The living room light is already on so I dump my hands contents on the couch and move to the kitchen so I can make the popcorn.

Ten minutes later I have my popcorn and a bag of sour patch kids that I managed to find in the pantry. I also quickly make myself a cup of tea before settling down on the couch. Being too lazy to reach over and grab the apple tv remote, I just settle for the episode of Pretty Little Liars that was on.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get myself to focus on the show. My mind was too consumed with what was on the slip of paper that lay carelessly by my foot. It was taunting me, screaming my name and telling me to read it.

So I did. I gave in to the taunting and the screaming, going against my better judgment and unfold the piece of paper. I inhaled deeply as I read over the title once more. There was a cellphone number beneath it along with a name in bold italic writing;

Harry Styles

That was it. the whole page consisted of a name, a number, and a 'title' if you can even call it that. I bite my nails and out of pure curiosity decide to give the number a call. If no one answers then.. That's it. I'll just forget all about this.

I grab my phone from beside me and dial the number. My hands start to shake out of nervousness and before I can have any second thoughts I quickly tapped call, put the phone on speaker, and hold my breath.

It rang four times with no answer, it was on the fifth ring now and I was about to hang up when a deep, alluring, British voice rang through the speaker.

"This is, Harry Styles speaking, how can I help you?" Completely scared out of my mind I move the phone from my ear, hang up as fast as humanly possible, and toss the poor device on the floor.

-

Hi, I'm Desiree Winter
I'm 19 years old,
And I'm a virgin.

-

Okay I decided to rewrite this whole book because I know I can do better!