29

"What do you guys think about having pizza tonight?" Harry asked my sisters and I from the kitchen as we sat watching American Dad.

We all looked at each other for a few seconds before mentally deciding. Estelle yelled a bored "sure" over her shoulder so, Harry would be able to hear her.

While we continued to be useless and watch the television, Harry's deep voice could vaguely be heard from the kitchen as he ordered our dinner. The twins and I had offered to make something seeing as all we'd been eating lately way takeout and you know, I was very much pregnant so it defiantly wasn't good for me, but the idea was shot down once everyone decided they were too lazy.

"Alright girls, we've got one Hawaiian, one cheese, one chicken fajita, and BBQ bacon... Is everyone happy?" We all smiled with satisfaction at him as he rolled his eyes and plopped back down on the couch beside me.

"Thank you, handsome." I snuggled into his side and kissed him firmly on the cheek.

"Could you two like I don't know, that that somewhere else?" Viola groaned as, Harry and I cuddled up together on the loveseat.

Just to spite her, Harry put one arm around my shoulder and used the other to direct my face towards his so he could leave a big, sloppy kiss on my lips.

"I think you're forgetting whose house this is, Vee." I giggled at the scowl on her face, somehow always finding joy in her annoyance.

It was silent for maybe ten minutes as we all focused back on the American Dad episode, however, Estelle kept looking at me and opening her mouth as if she were going to say something but immediately deciding against it.

"Hey, Des... Do you think-" She had finally spoken up when the doorbell rang throughout the house, the unexpected noise startling us all a little.

"I'll get it." Harry mumbled while standing from the leather couch.

I turned the volume on the TV down so I could hear who was behind the door, but I wasn't prepared in the slightest to hear the all too familiar voice that was speaking.

"Uh, sorry but who are you?" Harry didn't sound too fond of the new person and I didn't blame him.

I carefully rolled myself off of the couch, the task seeming to be incredibly more difficult now that I actually want to move. I waddled through the living room and down the hall to the front door with my hands holding my bump.

Harry seemed to hear me coming because he held a hand out behind him, as if to halt me in my path. I let my fingers intertwine with his as I hid myself behind his tall frame, only my head poking out from behind his back to confront the "guest".

"What are you doing here?" He rolled his eyes at me and buttoned up the few buttons on his suit jacket, straightening it out right after.

"It's always a pleasure to see you, Desiree.. You know I never did like that name, I wanted to name you, Vera after you late aunt, but your mother had different ideas. As always." He sounded as smug as ever and I can for sure say I haven't missed him.

"How did you even know I lived here?" I just wanted to get answers as quickly as possible so he could get back in his Rolls Royce and go back home.

"I have my connections, Desiree. You know that." There was an awkward pause before he continued, "I'm here because it has come to my attention that you have abused the worthiness of my family name with your silly little adult film. We can't have shit like this happening ever again, do you understand me." 

Harry was very obviously starting to get angry at my rude father, and I didn't feel the desire to stop him when he eventually blew up. My father had never been anything but cruel toward me so I believed that he deserved a bit of his own medicine.