2

"Can you meet me at our usual place?" Yoongi tried to keep his voice smooth, but it cracked.

"Y-Yeah." Jungkook had just woken up, and hearing such a sadness seep out of Yoongi's voice from the other end of the phone was something he did not want to hear. "I'll be right there." He hurriedly threw on a jacket and ran his slim fingers through his hair to straighten it out. Jungkook was taking a nap after an hour of bickering with his older brother, Taehyung.

He quickly made his way to 'his and Yoongi's' willow tree.

Yoongi impatiently huffed and knelt against the tree; and though as much as he wanted to be strong, his legs weren't in the mood to keep him up straight. He was nervous, nervous about the words he'd have to say to Jungkook.

Yoongi saw Jungkook creep into view and suddenly he gained the energy to stand right up. He didn't want to break down in front of Jungkook of all people. He wanted to be there for Jungkook when the boy needed a hand.

Jungkook had concern written all over his face as he got closer to the older, trying to confirm whether Yoongi was actually upset or not, but he only saw a blank expression.

Yoongi, on the other hand, was breaking up inside. He didn't look into Jungkook's eyes; they would stare straight into his soul and find all the answers. Yoongi just stared at the boy's parted lips; he was breathing heavily.

Jungkook had ran to see him.

Yoongi really couldn't contain the emotions piling up, so he pulled Jungkook close to him, and embraced him; that way, Jungkook couldn't see his face. Yoongi blinked back his tears, and told himself that he was stronger than that.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." Yoongi mumbled as if the words meant nothing.

Jungkook didn't speak, at first. The words, the words spoken by Yoongi, the words that reached his ears so quietly, the words that were a mere string of simple letters, they hit him hard, and they sent a striking pang at his heart.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked, but he knew. He knew it was going to be somewhere far away, and he knew that he didn't want to know, but he asked with the hopes that Yoongi was just going on a trip, or maybe visiting his step-brother for the weekend.

Yoongi tangled his fingers into Jungkook's thick black hair, and Jungkook buried his face into Yoongi's shirt, taking in his body heat.

"Away."

Jungkook tensed at that word, and Yoongi pulled out of the hug, but still clung onto Jungkook's hand. He sat down, and leaned against the willow tree with his legs outstretched, and Jungkook seated himself beside him. He threw his arm around Yoongi and pressed his head onto Yoongi's shoulder.

"Why? How long?" Jungkook croaked out, and Yoongi's heart split into two at hearing such a lonely, vulnerable voice. He pulled at Jungkook's arm, so the boy shifted his body and sat on Yoongi's lap. This time, Yoongi tried to look at Jungkook, but now it was Jungkook who couldn't look up. Yoongi took Jungkook's now cold hands into his own.

"I got an unconditional offer from a college. They want me to study there, and it's an amazing opportunity, Jungkook." Jungkook rested his head on Yoongi's neck, and by habit, Yoongi brought his hands up to stroke the younger boy's face.

"How far?" Jungkook whispered, his breath tickled Yoongi's neck. Yoongi felt so horribly lightweight in that moment that he thought Jungkook's breath was prodding at his skin.

"It's about 7 hours from here. The college has different branches, so I have to travel here and there, but the bus stop closest to this tree, that's the one stop where our routes overlap. The only problem is that the timings don't." Jungkook's hand crept up and he wrapped it around Yoongi's neck. "We won't be able to see each other often, other than on the weekend."

Jungkook nodded. His hair grazed Yoongi's cheek as he did, and Yoongi lifted his knees up in an attempt to slide Jungkook closer to him.

"I was thinking we could leave letters here, by this tree." The corner of Jungkook's lips twitched. He had wanted to smile at Yoongi's sappy idea, but in that situation, there was no way he could. He just nodded again. Tomorrow was too soon for Jungkook, he wanted more time with Yoongi.

"I'll call you when I get the chance, but I want to write letters to you too, so I'll quickly get off at that stop, and leave the letter here, then go back. You can grab it before you head to school." Yoongi's words were muffled as he closed his eyes and buried his face in Jungkook's hair, taking in his scent.

Jungkook nodded and wrapped his arms tighter around Yoongi's neck.

Yoongi felt something cold streak down his neck and looked up, suspecting that it was beginning to rain, but he was wrong.

He felt another streak, and another.

Jungkook was crying.

Yoongi pressed his lips against Jungkook's forehead and cuddled the sobbing boy who helplessly clung onto him with his dear life.