11

"There's no way he'd be there..." Yoongi muttered those words to himself over and over again on the bus. He really was expecting Jungkook to be there though.

Yoongi couldn't stop feeling angry at himself, more than anything. If only he didn't go off to college, this wouldn't have happened. Him and Jungkook would be their normal selves, having fun the way they always would.

Maybe if he had just checked if Jungkook had left him a letter, he might have been able to see him earlier; if he was there, that was.

The bus ride was agonisingly slow and that only hurt Yoongi's heart more; Jungkook was by the tree, right? Why would he be there when Yoongi told him he wouldn't be able to make it?

The bus finally slowed, and Yoongi bolted out of his seat, flowers still in hand, and ran out.

The frosty air hit his face and he realised; Wasn't tonight going to be one of the coldest nights of the year?

He shot down the path and took a rough turn, almost going whack straight into a lamppost.

Yoongi bent over and gripped his knees, heaving in and out, he hadn't ran that much in a such long time. His breath formed little clouds that shortly floated before ripping apart.

Yoongi's head shot up, and his heart stopped at the sight in front of him.

"Jungkook..." He whispered, staring at the figure curled up beneath the willow tree, shivering like crazy. That was all Yoongi needed to trigger the shiny crystals to spill out of his eyes.

Yoongi's heart was screaming inwardly, and Yoongi thought that if he didn't let it all out, he'd die. His whisper didn't reach Jungkook, and that scared him. Losing Jungkook scared him. So Yoongi did the only thing he could to lift as much of the pain of loneliness away as he could.

"Jungkook!" He screeched, desperately wanting his voice to rip through the wind's force and reach Jungkook.  The word painfully hung in the air and grinded against the leaves and the bitter cold of the night.

Jungkook shifted his leg at the sound, but he found himself to be so weak that he couldn't even open his eyes.

Yoongi didn't have energy at all, but still, he leapt to the boy. He would do anything for Jungkook; they both knew that.

"Jungkook." Yoongi breathlessly murmured over and over. He reached his hand out to touch the sleeping boy's face. It was cold. Colder than the air. Yoongi pulled Jungkook close to him and held him tight.

"Jungkook, you're so cold." Yoongi shivered and cradled Jungkook who seemed so lifeless.

Jungkook couldn't even pull his hands out of his pockets and wrap them around Yoongi like he had wanted to do for the past few days. Instead he listened to Yoongi's voice and prayed that the older would never let go of him.

"I told you I wouldn't be able to make it today, stupid--" Yoongi broke into sobs for the first time in front of Jungkook and clutched tightly onto his limp figure.

Jungkook felt Yoongi's tear trickle down onto his cheek, and despite the feeling of the air biting him, he mustered up everything he could to just hold Yoongi's hand. That was all he wanted to do, and he tried. He tried the best he could to move, but he couldn't.

Yoongi took sharp breaths as he suppressed the further sobs and attempted to lift Jungkook to his feet, but was unsuccessful. Yoongi slipped his hand under Jungkook's legs and at the back of his neck and swept him up off the ground, and used all his strength to keep him firm in his arms.

Jungkook moved his head so his face was buried in Yoongi's shirt. He breathed in the scent he had craved for the past few painful days and exhaled, feeling his breath smother back into his face, and that was the first warmth he had felt all day; that warmth ignited a fire in Jungkook's heart as he cried in Yoongi's arms.