1*

-bonus chapter [1k reads]-

"I'm so nervous Taehyung! What if he doesn't like it?" Jungkook whined as he paced back and forth, constantly flicking his hair out of his eyes.

"Well they were all your own ideas. If he doesn't like it then he doesn't like you." Taehyung nonchalantly mumbled as he scrolled through random pictures on his phone.

"He'll like it, don't worry!" Taehyung's friend, Jimin, assured Jungkook. "Seriously, what's not to like about your ideas? You should go now though and make a move on them." Jungkook vigorously nodded, and gathered the chalks and balloons.

"Okay, I'll see you later and tell you how it goes." Jungkook waved before tucking his shoes on and walking out. "This is a stupid idea." He sighed and pulled a paper out. Taehyung had noted down the directions to Yoongi's house for him, and so Jungkook carefully read over and followed them.

What if he thinks I'm stupid? He doesn't even know me properly, but I admire him a lot. Jungkook frowned as nullifying thoughts flooded his mind. He probably doesn't even remember the time he defended me when I was being picked on in class. Jungkook's attention suddenly drifted to the clouds above his head and he began to speedily walk down the path. I really hope it doesn't rain.

Meanwhile, Yoongi was sat in his room working on a very boring assignment until he got a phone call from Taehyung. "Hello?" He was slightly surprised since they didn't know each other that much.

"Be nice to him." Taehyung growled down the phone, and Yoongi heard a stifled laugh in the distance too.

"To who?" Yoongi inquired but Taehyung had already hung up, and Yoongi scoffed before flinging his phone back onto his bed.

Jungkook nervously fiddled with the strings of the balloons and tied them down to the fence. "Ah, why am I shaking so much?" He exhaled and tugged at the knot to loosen it up so it would be easier to take off and make a run for it if Yoongi rejected him.

He stared at the light pink chalk in his hand and dusted some of the powder off himself. "What do I draw?" Jungkook had no clue what to do, and he was about to just give up and go back, but a tiny part of his mind screamed at him not to, because it had taken him a lot of courage to get there in the first place. "Hearts!" Jungkook smiled at his idea. He would draw a huge heart in the middle, and stand in the centre of it, then he would draw tiny hearts all around in different colours. "Okay, I better start quickly."

Two figures stood by the window, quietly whispering to each other as they watched Jungkook doodle all over their porch. "What in the world is he doing?"

"I don't know but we should just leave him to it."

"What's up?" Yoongi announced as he walked towards the kitchen to fetch a drink for himself. His parents were hovering around the window, peeking outside. "What is it?"

"Yoongi?" Mrs. Min called. "Do you know this boy- wait, he's ringing the doorbell, quick, hide!" Mrs. Min hurried into the kitchen followed by a smirking Mr. Min, and Yoongi just rolled his eyes, and headed towards the door.

Jungkook rang the doorbell and ran off to stand at the centre of the heart he had created, and he could feel his body already heating up in embarrassment. And to add to it, Yoongi opened the door, glancing right at Jungkook, and Jungkook lost all self-confidence at seeing Yoongi with completely disheveled hair and a shirt that was barely clinging onto his shoulders.

"I..uhh.." Oh god, I can't do this. Jungkook watched Yoongi as he scanned the heart on the ground, and the balloons behind him, and he felt his hands beginning to sweat. He thinks I'm an idiot, doesn't he? "Umm-"

"Oh.." Yoongi pointed up somewhere behind Jungkook, and he turned around, eyes landing on the green and pink balloons..slowly..floating..away. He closed his eyes and huffed. This cannot possibly get any worse.

"I-I'm Jungkook." He started, and turned to face Yoongi, but his eyes were completely concentrated on one of the orange hearts beside the door.

"I know." Yoongi grinned, and Jungkook lit up at seeing such a beautiful smile, and he forgot about everything he needed to say when Yoongi took a step forward.

"I..I wanted to ask you-" Jungkook was cut off by rain droplets suddenly pelleting down onto his bare arms. Oh no, please, not rain. He folded his arms around himself and squinted through the rain to look at Yoongi. I'm not going to back down. "Y-Yoongi hyung, thank you for um..for uhh, I-I um.." Yoongi tilted his head and stared at Jungkook, knowing what it was he was trying to say.

The rain began to cast harder, washing away the heart that surrounded Jungkook, and the older boy didn't know what it was, but suddenly, he felt nervous. He didn't want that heart to fade away, he thought it would mean Jungkook's love would disappear too, so he walked closer towards the shivering boy.

"Jeon Jungkook." He muttered as he reached out for Jungkook's hand. The rain seeped through his hair and slowly trickled down his face.

"Y-You know my whole name?"

"Did you think I wouldn't notice you?" Yoongi could only really smile at the shocked boy, and gripped his hand tight. It seemed as if the cold from the rain suddenly turned into warmth. "I can't believe you did all this though." Yoongi chuckled, and Jungkook's face flushed a bright red.

"D-Don't laugh." He mumbled and looked away from Yoongi. The heart around them had nearly completely disappeared. The balloons had flown away, and it was raining tons.

"Thank you, Jungkook." Yoongi peered at him. "I know it was you who'd always slip study notes into my locker. By the way, how did you even get your hands on those? They were really good notes but..you're not even in my year group."

"I-I studied extra..because you don't make notes."

"For me?" Yoongi was taken aback slightly that someone would actually go that far for him. "But won't you fall behind on your own studies? Wait, you're cold." Yoongi wrapped his arms around the boy and held him tight, and Jungkook couldn't say anything because he was completely astounded at the fact that Yoongi had noticed him since long ago.

"GET REKT!" Someone yelled, and Yoongi suddenly wanted to pull away from Jungkook because that voice was his mother's voice, but he just sighed and softly kissed Jungkook's forehead.

"Yeah, I want to give it a shot. I want to get to know you. Come inside for now." Yoongi whispered into Jungkook's damp hair, and Jungkook loosely gripped Yoongi's shirt, and he wanted to cry tears of joy at Yoongi's words, and he couldn't believe what was happening.

Despite the older considering on going inside, neither of them made the slightest move to shift away from each other.