10

Yoongi grinned at himself and gripped so tightly onto the purple flowers that he could feel his fingers digging into the palm of his hands but he didn't care; he was going to see Jungkook.

Yoongi's lecture had finished at 8:00pm and just as it did, he instantly hopped onto a bus to make his way to Jungkook's house, wanting to surprise him out of nowhere. He had calculated that he'd reach Jungkook's at 12:00am.

Though, he could still feel the atom of worry settled in his mind since he had left his letter by their tree, Jungkook still hadn't replied to his text or he hadn't called. Yoongi brushed it off though; maybe his phone had died and he lost his charger.

The bus slowed down at the stop that Yoongi recognised as the one closest to the tree. He debated whether he should get off and check if Jungkook had left him a letter in response, or stay on and head straight to Jungkook's place.

Yoongi chose to stay on; the chance of Jungkook leaving him a letter on Saturday was really low, since Jungkook would know that Yoongi would next see it on a Monday so it was risky to leave one there.

Yoongi really couldn't wipe the grin of his face, he knew that as soon as he saw the boy, he would pounce on him and smother him with all his built-up love and longing for him.

Finally, the bus had reached Yoongi's desired destination and he rushed off it, though making sure he didn't harm the delicate flowers that he knew Jungkook would love.

Yoongi walked down the pavement and a giggle did escape his mouth when he saw the familiar house fall into view. Slowly, his nerves kicked in and he began to pick up his pace as if seeing Jungkook was a fight against time.

Yoongi took a deep breath, and then shakily exhaled. He was so happy and nervous at the same time that he felt like his heart would explode. He gently knocked on the door three times and took a step back, waiting for someone to open it.

And to his surprise, the door was yanked open almost instantly, and stood there with tired, puffy eyes was Jungkook's mother. Her eyes were wide with expectancy but as soon as she saw who it was, she almost looked disappointed.

Yoongi's smile faltered slightly; why was she like that? What was wrong with her?

"Mrs. Jeon, I-I'm here to see Jungkook?" He cursed inwardly after the question slipped from his lips. He should have asked how she was first, because his question seemed to drag her down even more.

"You haven't heard?" Her voice was light all in, but rough around the edges and suddenly, Yoongi felt his heart fall heavy. "Jungkook went out early this morning, and hasn't been back since. The silly boy, he didn't even tell me where he was going, just said that he was going to see someone." Fresh tears spilled out of her eyes. "He's caught a cold too, and I'm such a careless mother; I'm supposed to know where he is-" Her words hitched as she sobbed and brought her hands up to her face.

Yoongi stood there, dumbstruck. His breaths were growing rough and short and heavier than before.

"H-He didn't even take his ph-phone." She cried, and Mr. Jeon suddenly appeared in the doorway, consoling his wife with soothing words and slow hair strokes.

"We've already called the police." Mr. Jeon muttered to Yoongi, who could feel his throat slowly close up. "We'll let you know if Jungkook turns up, but in the meantime, you should go home."

Yoongi nodded slowly, the words didn't fully reach his ears. He turned his back to the door and took a step forward with only one thought chasing circles in his mind; Jungkook wouldn't be waiting by the tree...
still
...would he?