Seven

We sat eating breakfast and, she walked in. She smiled at some of the men then leaned in near Nikolai.

He shrugged her away and she arched an eyebrow. She glanced over at me and her eyes widened when she realized it was me.

I arched an eyebrow at her and Nikolai spoke.
"She knows you're lying, Veronica."
She looked at him then me then scurried out of the room.

I took another bite of my toast and washed it down with my milk.

"No, 'thanks for denying her you're forgiven'?"
He asked and I stared at him.

"Haha! No."
I replied sarcasticly and he rolled his eyes. I got up and left the dining room.

I walked down the hallway looking at the paintings when Cooper ran up.
"Whats up Em Gem?"
He asked. Em Gem apparently was my new nickname.

"Nothing much. What about you?"
I replied and he shrugged.
"I'm going into town, you want to come?"
He asked and I nodded.
"Let me go get my stuff I'll be back in a minute."
I said then raced up the stairs. I brushed my teeth quickly then grabbed my phone and my purse.

I raced back down downstairs and met up with Cooper in the front entrance.
"Lets go!"
I exclaimed and he chuckled.

He opened the door and I got in. He shut the door then got in the front. He turned around and faced me.
"So whats up with you and your hubby?"
He asked referring to Nikolai's punishment.

"He cheated so I'm punishing him."
I replied and he chuckled.
"He's a big horn dog isn't he?"
Cooper asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes he is. It's really fucking annoying. It's like he doesn't really like me, but he wants to fuck me!"
I exclaimed and Cooper began laughing.
"You're hilarious."
He said and I rolled my eyes.

My phone then buzzed and I looked.
Husband (2) new message(s).
I sighed and unlocked my phone.
Where are you?
Are you with Cooper?!

Yes I'm with Cooper. We'll be back later, toodles.

I turned my phone off when Cooper's began ringing.
"Well crap. Now he's gonna be pissed at me."
He said and picked up.

"Yello? Yeah it's Cooper in the flesh. I asked if she wanted to come for a ride and she said yeah. Man, I'm not trying to hit on your wife calm your shit. Goodbye!"
Cooper exclaimed and hung up his phone.

"Jeez that guy."
He muttered and I sighed.
"So Cooper where are we going?"
I asked and he sighed.
"I can drop you off at the mall if you'd like."
He said and I nodded.
"Great."

•*•*•*•

I browsed the stores, I had an arms length of bags already. I pulled out my phone and called Cooper.

"Yello?"
"Hey Cooper. I'm done shopping. Could you come get me, please?"
"Uh yeah. We're on our way right now."
He hung up and I rolled my eyes.

I went into one more store before my phone buzzed and I left to the front entrance.

•*•*•*•

I hung up my new clothes when Nikolai walked in. I could feel his eyes on me as I hung up one last shirt. I turned around and rested my hands on my hips.

He had his arms crossed and stared at me.
"What?"
I asked.
"Why'd you go with Cooper?"
"Because I can?"
I replied and his jaw clenched.

"He just dropped me off at the mall Nikolai, I don't see why you have to get all worked up about it."
I said and he stormed out of the room.

"Freaking toddler."
I muttered then sat on the bed with my new book.

•*•*•*•

"Ma'am dinner is ready."
The maid announced. I smiled then left down to the dining room.

I walked in then stopped. Cooper sat awkwardly next to my seat, not how he was set up beside Nikolai but literally right beside me.

Nikolai looked pleased with himself and I glared at him.
"This is childish, and you know it. I don't have time for your little childish games, and your possesive attitude. You have no right to act this way, wjen you're the one who cheated."
I hissed then left the dining room and stormed back up to the bedroom.

I slammed the door shut and ran my fingers through my hair. I huffed and grabbed my laptop bag along with a couple of pairs of clothes.

I walked out into the hallway as the maid was coming down it.
"Excuse me, do we have any spare rooms in this hallway?"
I asked her and she smiled.

"Yes we do, follow me."
She replied and I followed her three doors down.

"Thank you."
I muttered and she bowed her head then walked away. I walked into the bedroom, similar to Nikolai's, and rested my stuff on the ground next to the bed.

The bedroom was smaller, but it was nice. I went back to Nikolai's room and grabbed my hairbrush and toothbrush.

I decided I would stay in a different room for a bit. Until I decided I was ready to forgive Nikolai.

I should have done this as soon as he cheated. But I didn't of it much until his little stunt he just pulled.

I sighed and sat down on the bed, trying to remember if I forgot anything in the other room.

The door opened and I looked over at Nikolai. He leaned in the doorway and crossed his arms, staring at me.
"What are you doing?"
He asked and I sighed.
"Getting ready for bed."
I replied and he raised his eyebrow.

"This isn't our room."
He muttered and I fake laughed.
"Really? I didn't know that."
I replied sarcasticly and he glared at me.

"But you're right, it isn't our room, it's my room."
I added and he sighed.
"Why are you sleeping in a different room?"
He asked.

"It's simple, you cheated and decided it was fine to pull that little stunt you did and be possesive so I'm giving us some space, plus I don't want to be in the same bed as you right now."
I explained and he pinched the bdidge of his nose.

"You can leave now. Oh, and don't send your maids to wake me up to go eat. I'll get up and eat on my own. But if you do send your maids, I will stay in this room even longer."
I told him and he stood there silently for a minute, before sighing.

"Fine. I came in here to apologize for my stunt, so sorry. Text me or get me if you need anything."
He muttered and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

I crawled out of the bed and closed the curtains, so the light wouldn't blind me in the morning.

I changed into a pair of pjs and was about to turn off the lights, when my phone went off.

It was a text from Nikolai.

Do you want me to get the maids to bring you up dinner?

Yes please.

I put my phone down and sat down on the bed. I turned on my laptop and started my movie.

After a couple of minutes there was a knock on the door and I paused the movie.

I hopped out of bed and walked to the door. I opened it and the maid handed me a tray of food.

"Thank you."
I muttered and she gave me a smile then walked away. I shut my door and walked back over to the bed.

I sat down and ate, while watching my movie. After I finished eating, I out the dishes on the night table and got ready for bed.

I shut off the lights and crawled into bed. I shut off my laptop and set it down on the ground before getting comfortable in the bed.