Eight

I walked down the hallway towards our bedroom because I forgot my freaking book.

I figured it out this morning what I had forgot, when I realized I was bored with just watching movies.

I had been sleeping in a separate room for four nights now. I didn't know when I planned on sleeping with Nikolai again.

I eat dinner and lunch with him and his men, but lunch is the earliest I get up.

I opened his bedroom door and walked in. I strode down to the coffee table beside the fireplace then stopped dead in my tracks.

There was a beach blonde head bobbing over Nikolai's lap. His head was tilted backwards grunting and cursing.

I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. Until I decided to make myself known.

I cleared my throat and she stopped and his head jerked upwards. He turned around and looked at me.

He arched an eyebrow at me, like this was some normal thing!

"Veronica, could you leave please?"
I asked placing my hands on my hips. She stood up and scurried out of the room quickly.

Nikolai kept his back to me as he zipped up his pants then turned to me.
"What?"
He asked and my jaw nearly dropped.

"Are you serious right now?"
I asked crossing my arms and he did the same.

"Yes I'm serious. What's your problem?"
He replied and my jaw clenched.
"The problem is, you cheated, again!"
I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't act like this is some fucking game, Nikolai Ivanov."
I spat and he stared at me.
"I was planning on trying to stay the night in here, but I don't want to anymore and I don't plan to for a week or more!"
I added and he remained silent.

"Fine. But just know, I'll get Veronica into bed faster than you can finish a page in your little book."
He replied and I marched up to him. Without thinking my hand rose and connected with his cheek.

I put so much force into it, his head jerked to the side. It made a loud smack sound and his cheek became red where I made contact. He turned to face me and I gulped.

My hand lowered in horror. I had just hit him. I just fucking hit my "husband", the fucking mafia boss.

He glared at me with a passion and I knew I was gonna die, wife or not.

"Nikolai, I-"
"What the fuck, Emma?!"
He shouted and I stood as tall as I could.
"You were being a jerk, and acting like-"

"Oh, so that gives you the right to fucking hit me?"
He hissed and I looked away.
"It was a bad moment for me, ok? I'm sorry. But you should be to."
I replied and he huffed, looking away from me.

He rubbed his red cheek where I had hit him and sighed.
"I'm sorry for cheating, again. It wont happen again."
He muttered and I sighed.

"I really wished those would be words I'd never hear out of my husbands mouth. But then again, we were forced and I get we're both not happy, but you could at least act commited and loyal."
I replied then left the bedroom, taking my book with me.

I knew we were in a bad situation, and we both didn't want to have any part in it, but we agreed we would.

And I understand I'm not having sex with him and he wants to fuck someone, so he cheated.

It doesn't justify his actions, but I understand why he's done it twice and has been acting out towards me.

I just wanted to get over this phase of our 'relationship'.

Nikolai followed me out of the room and sighed.
"Dinner is ready."
He muttered and I followed him down the stairs.

Cooper ran to us suddenly from the front entrance and began breathing heavy.

"Nikolai, we have some trouble. The Swedish are here!"
He exclaimed and Nikolai pushed me behind him, protectively.

"Arthur!"
He called and Arthur ran over.
"Take Emma back to my room and keep her safe."
Nikolai said and Arthur nodded.

He then escorted me back up to Nikolai's bedroom. I looked out the window, Nikolai, Cooper and Ivan all had their guns out pointing at two men.

They were yelling at the men and Arthur pulled me away from the window. He shook his head and I sighed then sat at the couch.

I heard two gunshots and jumped. Arthur sighed and nodded at me.
"You can go eat. Nikolai will be there in a bit."
He said. I nodded and left down to the dining room.

•*•*•*•*•

Nikolai sat down and we all ate silently. I finished eventually and left back to my room.

I had a quick shower before changing into some pjs and brushing my teeth. I brushed my hair, after towel drying to for a bit and left to Nikolai's bedroom.

I walked in and walked to the closet. I needed more clothes, my other clothes were being washed.

I grabbed enough to last me for four days and brought them back to my bedroom.

I set them down on the chair in the room then crawled into bed. I turned on my laptop and watched my movie.

The door opened and I looked up at Nikolai. He was freshly showered, I could tell by his wet hair and change of clothes.

"Can I watch the movie with you for a bit?"
He asked me and I stared at him then sighed.
"Yeah, I guess."
I muttered and he walked over. I sat up and turned the laptop screen so we could see.

He sat down next to me in the bed and I turned the volume up on the laptop.

We watched silent, paying close attention to the movie and sometimes making small comments about the scene or characters.

After awhile of silence the movie ended and I turned off my laptop.
"Goodnight."
He muttered getting off the bed and I nodded.

"Goodnight."
I replied and he left my room, shutting the door behind him. I sighed and put my laptop away then got up and turned off the lights.

I crawled back into bed and got comfortable then slowly fell asleep.