Eighteen

NIKOLAI'S POV

"I didn't mean to."
I hissed and Cooper clenched his jaw again.
"Yes you did!"
He shouted.

"No, I fucking didn't. Why would I mean to fuck up this bad?!"
I shouted back, standing and slamming my fist against the table.

"Than why haven't you apologized?! Why haven't you told her you didn't mean it?!"
Cooper replied, glaring at me.

"And now for the past fucking month she hasn't come to dinner, she has barely left Adrien's room! And yet you do nothing!"
He added, breathing heavy.

I sighed and rested my head in my hands. I was a mess. I knew what I did and I fucking hated myself for it, but she wouldn't let me tell her. So all I did was deny.

"Just apologize to her, please!"
Cooper practically begged.
"She wont let me!"
I shouted and he became silent.
"Don't fucking lie to me, Nikolai. She's just scared and you so are you."
Cooper spat then stormed out of the dining room.

"Cooper!"
I shouted following him out. As soon as I was out of the dining room he slammed me against the wall and glared at me, pinning me against it.

"You fucking make things right with her, Nikolai. You've waited too long and now things are getting worse."
Cooper hissed then released me and stormed off.

I stood there, staring at the doorway where Emma was probably sitting in the room.

I should just go in there and talk to her. The door suddenly opened and my eyes widened.

Adrien raced out and ran to me.
"It's Emma. She's missing! Her clothes are gone and so is my suitcase!"
She exclaimed and I froze.

•*•*•*•*•

"Check every hotel, motel, mansion, phone every mafia and be on the lookout. Check diners and restaurants, search everywhere! Local bus stations!"
I shouted and my men all left on search for Emma.

Cooper sat in the corner of the room, staring at the ground. He looked up at me, and gave me the same icy glare before leaving to go help look.

I grabbed my phone and left to do the same thing. Look.

EMMAS POV

It had been a month since the incident. I still loathed him for it, but part of me wanted him to tell me it would be ok and hold me and thats what scared me.

I wanted to yell at him and ask why he wouldn't apologize, why he would do it in the first place, but then I'd see the empty bottles and I got scared.

I had bought a bus ticket earlier today and packed my bag while Adrien left for her shift.

I began to run down the hallway when I heard yelling in the dining room. It was Nikolai and Cooper. Adrien said they had been at it for weeks.

I raced outside and jumped into the black car.
"Drive."
I muttered to Nikolai's most trusted driver.

He tore off and I told him where he needed to bring me. I was getting out of here. I needed to leave.

•*•*•*•

The bus halted to a stop and I glanced around at all of the tired people. We all marched out of the bus and I left on the search for my hotel.

I had rested on a four star hotel that was pretty cheap. I just had to figure out where it was.

I finally found it after a long time and checked in. My room was on the third floor, near the fire exit.