Nineteen

I threw up as Nikolai held back my hair. He patted my back and by the rhythm I could tell he was nervous.

For the past two weeks, I've had morning sickness. I hadn't told him about it, that lonely month.

Adrien burst into the room and I wiped my mouth. She handed me a box and shoved Nikolai out of the bathroom. I flushed the toilet and studied the box.

Pregnancy tests?! I looked at her alarmed and she nodded. I gulped and she turned away.

"H-how do I use this?"
I asked.
"Read the box. Oh and use three of them, I don't remember if each one is in it's own box so I have two other here for you. Here you go."
She said and I read the directions before following them, for all three pregnancy sticks.

I set them up on the counter and didn't look at them until I was done. I washed my hands then lookes at them and my eyes widened.

"ADRIEN!"
I screamed and she read the stick then gasped. It was positive. Oh god.

I began panicking and the door flung opened.
"What?!"
Nikolai demanded, clearly hearing my scream.

"She's pregnant!"
Adrien exclaimed, grabbbing the pregnancy stick from my hand and showing Nikolai, and I fainted.

•*•*•*•

I woke up in the bed and Nikolai sat in a chair beside me, his head in his hands.

I glanced around when my eyes settled on Adrien.
"What happened?"
I asked and she smiled.
"You're pregnant!"
She exclaimed.

I took a sharp breath. I was pregnant. There was a human growing inside of me.

I glanced at Nikolai and we locked eyes.
"I'm sorry. The protection-"
"It's ok. Um. I want it. We'll keep it."
I said and Adrien gave me a huge smile. Nikolai hugged me and I hugged him back.

I had moved back into the room and we slept together, everything was pretty much back to normal, except for this.

"But no telling families got it?!"
I added and Nikolai nodded and I sighed.
"Alright. Ok. I'm pregnant. I have about a four week old human inside of me."
I said trying to calm down.

"Ok."
I then fainted again.

NIKOLAI'S POV

She fainted, again. I glanced at Adrien and she walked over.
"It's just a lot of stress on her Nikolai. She's only eighteen and she's pregnant. It's scary sometimes."
Adrien told me, tucking in Emma.

I sighed.
"C-can it kill her?"
I asked.
"Don't think negative you big baby. It could, but those chances are low."
She replied and I nodded slightly, staring at Emma.

Adrien left the room and I held Emma's hand that rested protectively over her stomach.

She began to move her hands up my arm, pulling me down. I smiled and crawled into bed next to her. I kept my arm wrapped around her and she gripped it.

She nuzzled her head against my chest and I sighed.

**

"Boss!"
Arthur shouted. I glared at him and he glanced at Emma.
"Oh um sorry. But uh. The Swedish know she's here."
He muttered and I froze.

"How?"
I hissed.
"They saw her with Cooper that one day."
He replied and I got out of bed quickly.

I was about to follow him to my office when I heard Emma's voice.
"Nikolai?"
I peaked my head back in the room and she got out of bed.

"What's going on?"
She asked walking over and grabbing my arm.
"You should probably come with me."
I replied and led her to the office, behind Cooper.

•*•*•*•

"We know she's your wife. We know you have her. And we're coming for her."
I read the message out loud. Emma began trembling and I quickly wrapped her up in my arms. The stress isn't good.

"It's ok."
I muttered.
"Fuck!"
Cooper shouted kicking the chair. Emma flinched and I hugged her tighter.

"Cooper stop! Calm down."
I ordered. I glanced at all my men and they all stared back.
"Everyone, keep calm."
I added and they all began to take deep breaths.

I sighed and brought Emma out of the office. I brought her to our room and rested her in the bed.

I tucked her in and tried walking away but she grabbed my hand.
"Nikolai, I'm scared."
She whispered.
"Everyone will protect you."
I replied and left back to the office.

•*•*•*

"Don't leave! It wont be safe!"
Emma shouted pulling at my sleeve.
"It'll be better if we attack them head on, first. Plus Arthur and Cooper will watch over you and Adrien."
I replied, continuing to walk outside.

We had a plan set. They weren't going to hurt Emma. Not if this plan to attack them straight on worked.

"No! Don't leave me!"
She shouted. I kept walking and I could hear her stop in her bare feet.

"Listen too me!"
She shouted and I looked at her. Cooper wrapped his arms around her, in attempt to bring her back inside but she screamed.

I nodded my head and Cooper let go then she ran to me.
"Please don't leave. They're gonna attack while your gone!"
She exclaimed balling my suit up in her fists.

"No they wont Emma, you're just paranoid."
I replied and cupped her face. I leaned down to kiss her forehead but she stepped away.

"You're wrong. And when I'm gone, you're gonna know you should've listened to me."
She spat and I froze. I then replaced it with my stone face.

"Don't you dare talk like that!"
I shouted then nodded at Cooper and Adrien. They rushed over and began dragging her back into the mansion.

"They came when you left!"
She screamed.
"They got Eva when you left!"
She shouted and everyone froze.
"You're not even thinking straight! You're thinking revenge! You're not thinking of me!"
She screamed. I got into my car and they sped off. I glanced back in my back mirror at her.

She pushed them both off of her and disappeared into the mansion.

How dare she?! Why was she acting like this all of a sudden?! Hormones?

Ivan glanced back at me, as three black Cadillac's passed us but I ignored them.

All I could think about was Emma. And Eva. I whipped out my phone and called Emma.

"Nikolai?"
She whispered.
"Emma. I-I'm coming home. Turn around."
I ordered and Ivan spun the car around gradually.

"Someones here."
She whispered. And I froze. I then heard muffled gun shots.
"Three cars showed up right after you left. Nikolai I'm scared."
She whispered.

"We're coming Emma. I need you to hide out in the garden if you can make it."
Silence. Dead silence.
"Emma?!"
I shouted.

"Cooper!"
Emma's voice called.
"Run!"
He shouted faintly. I could hear her breathing heavy when she stopped, a gasp escaping her lips.

"Hello, Emma."
Ian. No! The call ended and I threw it.
"FUCK!"
I shouted.

"NIKOLAI!"
A voice screamed shaking me. I glanced at the speaker and pinned her against the mattress.

I held her hands aligned with her head. I glared at her when I realized it was her, my Emma.

"The baby."
She whispered. I realized my elbow was pushing on her stomach and I quickly released her.

"Are you ok?"
She asked and I pulled her into a hug.
"I am now."
All I could remember was the dream. I barely remember telling my men to triple our guards then crawling into bed with Emma for a nap.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped her up tighter.
"I love you."
I muttered and she lightly chuckled.

"I love you too."
She whispered and I smiled.