Ch.1: Suck It Up.

The world was still a hell hole. Followers and believers of Komodo still lived on, the world still lived in a totalitarian government setting. There wasn't color to the world anymore, everything was just black and shades of grey, I didn't want to look out of the window because of this. I was afraid I'd see it again, all of that disgusting grey.

Komodo's death only appointed a new leader, Ragul Eskaban. He was completely human with a disgusting sense of mind. He wasn't as smart as Komodo, who figured out how to bring back the guillotine and hanging. He destroyed the American government and all of the other countries, not to mention all of democracy, communism, facism, everything. There was only Komodo. No, Eskaban wasn't like Komodo, he wasn't anything like Komodo. Komodo as least spared the children.

Every morning there is a hearing for someone who has broken the rules. The trials are always one sided, the defendant is never appointed an attorney of any kind, he just sits and stares at the large, disgusting smile on Eskaban's face as he yells, "You are guilty, your execution will be held tomorrow, next case." and the victim would be hauled off to the guillotine, screaming that it was supposed to be tomorrow. Every Monday there is a fiction burning, where everyone brings any kind of fiction to the town square and it is to be burned. Any piece of fiction found in your possession will be burned with you. The same goes with music, art, or anything that isn't real. Religion was lost as well, Priests and anyone in the churches were pulled into the streets and shot five times each. Some say Eskaban was challenging God, others said he was trying to become one.

I sat in my room, the blinds drawn and the lights off. I liked to be alone, I liked to think of Barracuda, he was probably the only light in my life when Komodo made me his queen. Then Komodo killed him, in a fit of rage I bit out Komodo's neck and pushed him into the pit of fire that was our castle. I couldn't believe the rage I had felt, it wasn't anything I had ever felt before, it was so powerful and I gave into it so easily. I was still an animal no matter how human I looked. I heard a knock on my door, I merely looked up at it. "Kitty, you haven't spoken to me since you got back...can I come in?" Dave's voice asked. I stood and opened the door. I looked up at Dave's smiling face and soft eyes. "That's my girl." Dave patted my head, a purr escaped my throat as he entered my dark room and looked out the window. "I can't believe what this world has come to...it's disgusting." Dave sighed and looked back at me. "Enough about that, though. How have you been, princess?" Dave asked.

I smiled a bit and turned to the door again, "I thought the dog would have told you." I mumbled.

"Told me what?" Dave asked.

I turned back to look Dave in the eyes. "Komodo wasn't the only person that I watched die." I said. Dave looked down and nodded, there was a moment of silence until he asked who else died. I played with my fingers, "He and I were...close." I mumbled. Dave looked up at me.

"How close?" Dave looked at me surprised.

"We were together for a few days...then Komodo killed him." I stated. Dave nodded again and walked over to the door.

"The reason I didn't want kids is because of this stuff, I can't deal with my baby upset." Dave sighed. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I love you too, Dave." I said. Dave smiled a bit and nodded, he left my room and I leaned on my bed frame, there was another knock on my door. I waited and listened for someone to tell me who they were. Instead the door just opened.

"Kitty, you've been laying around for three months. How about you come out and talk to everyone?" Wolf asked. I glared at him, he knew I didn't trust anyone enough to talk to them. "Come on, there's a whole party down there for your birthday. We tried to get Dave to get you to come down, I guess he didn't mention the cake." Wolf said.