Ch. 6: My Demons.

I sat alone in my room, listening to the voice in my head sing a Rolling Stones song I heard while in te car with Dave when I was still an animal.

"I see a red door and I want it painted black!" she sang happily. I sighed as I threw my ball into the air and caught it. I threw it up, and as gravity demands it came right back down. I threw it up once again and it came right back and smacked me right in the nose. "Whoops, did I accidentally move your arm to the side? Sorry, I kind of needed it."

For what?

My hand slapped me across the face, it kept doing this as the voice laughed. "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself! Ha! I love this!"

Knock it off, you pest!

"Aw, now you've gone and hurt my feelings!"

I hope you off yourself.

"Now you're thinking more like me. I must be taking over more faster than expected! What a lovely surprise." I grumbled to myself as I stood up. There was a sudden explosion, I jumped back as Dove ran into my room, worry painted onto her face.

"Kitty, we have to go right now!" Dove exclaimed.

"For what reason?" I asked.

"Did you not just hear that explosion?'

"As a matter of fact I did, I just thought that Spot was playing with matches again. What's the problem?"

"Those...soldiers...in all black. They found the bunker. They're purging."

I felt my eyes bulge as I ran out of the room, grabbing my beanie and stuffing my tail down my pant leg. Dove had her coat on, Owl was busy shoving her wing into a slit in her jacket as she joined us. "I was listening into one of their conversations, they said a man reported a girl with red eyes running in here. Who here has red eyes?" We all looked at each other, no one thinking of anyone. "No matter, we must make haste. Fox said to meet him in the storage compartment in case of an emergency."

Owl directed me to the storage compartment and we met Spot and Wolf there. "Where are Bumbles and Tardigrade?" I asked.

"Fox went to find them, he said they were on one of the lower levels looking for something...I can't remember. As long as we keep quiet, they wont find us back here until Fox brings Tardigrade and Bumbles." Wolf told me.

"Are you feeling okay?" Spot asked.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Okay, just checking."

"Actually it's good you did Spot, after such a random health blow like that you might have repercussions." Owl said as she started to investigate my pulse.

"Can we be quiet? They'll hear us!" Dove growled as the wall opened beside her, she jumped. Fox walked out of the wall, Bumbles trailing after him with Tardigrade on her shoulder.

"Onward, trusty steed!" Tardigrade announced loudly.

"Would you shove it, Tardigrade?" Bumbles growled.

"Everyone in, no need to make further noise and give away our position!" Fox started grabbing people and shoving them in the wall.

"I thought we were going in the storage compartment?" Owl asked.

"Oh yeah, I just wanted you guys to know where to go. We're really hiding out in this wall I thought of installing a couple of months ago! Smart, huh?"

"I think so." Owl smiled. Wolf looked at her confused, then at me. We were thinking the same thing.

"Now everyone quiet, all they need to do is hear us and they'll start knocking down this wall." Fox told us as he turned out the light. I could still see, being a cat. I looked around and saw the shining eyes of all of my friends, all except Bumbles, Tardigrade, and Dove.