CHAPTER 20

-Harry's Point of View-

Louis was currently trying to birth our baby. He was red-faced and had a few sparing tears dripping down his face.

"You're doing so good baby," Jay praised, but Louis was absentminded.

The doctor started screaming things out as Louis' heart started beating lesser and lesser.

"The baby is almost out, we'll just have to pull them out!" the doctor yelled, starting to carefully pull the baby from Louis.

Suddenly a loud cry rang out, and the doctor snipped the cord herself, not allowing me the chance to do it. She handed the baby to a nurse who quickly left the room.

The doctor ran out of the room screaming a few things and I looked at Louis. His eyes had shut and he was barely breathing. I looked at the heart monitor, and I'm no doctor, but his heart was barely beating.

My heart stopped itself when he flatlined.

Jay cried out and brought her hands to her mouth.

That's when the doctor returned with a defibrillator and different nurses.

"Get it running! Let's go! WE'RE LOSING HIM YOU NIMRODS!" the doctor screamed as she kicked me and Jay out.

*****

Me and Jay were sitting next to each other in the waiting room, both of us now in our normal clothes, and waiting to hear of news of my baby and Louis.

It was another few minutes later before the doors opened and a nurse walked in.

"Mr. Styles?" She called. I stood. She smiled and walked closer.

"What's going on?" I asked croakily. She knew I was talking about Louis. I knew my baby was okay, they came out crying. Jay stood up and stood by me.

"We've got Louis stabled, we don't exactly know why he went into cardiac arrest. We've put him in ICU, because his vitals are so low. Now, about your baby."

*****

Jay and I followed the kind nurse to the maternity level, but still gave no information on my baby.

"This little bundle right here is yours. Say hello to your daughter. She weighed eight pound nine ounces and is twenty two inches long. You've got a big girl there," The nurse said, and picked up the baby and handed it to me.

I was lost to anything else going around me, besides the little girl who laid in my arms.

She was beyond gorgeous.

She had curly dark brown hair, contrasting with her light baby pink skin. Her long eyelashes laid softly upon her cute chubby cheeks. Her lips were a beautiful shade of pink and were plump and full, and bow like.

She was just gorgeous.

Harry was so involved with his daughter that he barely registered Jay tapping his arm.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"They said Louis is awake so we can go see him. And after they get you a bracelet, you can take that beauty there too," Jay explained just as a nurse came over.

*****

Harry was carefully carrying his daughter down the halls of the hospital as a nurse followed with the little plastic cot.

Harry's eyes scanned the walls for the room that Louis was in.

"This room here to your right love," the nurse said. Harry nodded and checked the room number before turning and placing his daughter in the cot.

Harry took a breath before shoving open the door.