8th without our #8

We've made it right to the end of 2015/16, it's been a mad season and it's time to try to round it up.

Thanks for following my posts, thanks for the votes and especially thanks for the comments. I've had a lot of great conversations out of this so I want this last post to be extra social, if you've not commented before please do, I don't bite (unless you go unjustly insulting  or something) I really want to hear from you all!

Basically the plan is to propose talking points, answer them myself and hopefully you'll answer at least 1 too.

Expectations

Waay back in August I guess I thought about right in the PL table finish/ performance (apart from the cool, heavy metal matches), we'd just have a crappy season, maybe we'd end up sneaking in 6th like last season but overall we'd have a massive Steven Gerrard shaped hole in our team. I didn't think about cups. One thing I didn't see was Brendan Rodgers getting sacked for Jurgen Klopp! (and of course Leicester winning the PL but I've already covered that ground, this is all about us)

Brendan Rodgers

I thought we would keep him, that we would just keep going on, match after match of okay or worse. I wanted to keep defending him, I didn't want him to go purely because I don't like change. It's easy to slate him now he's gone but as soon as I see anything to remind me of 2013/14 I just can't, he was doing what he knew, had to buy alternatives to who he wanted and it didn't work. He got player positions wrong. He did nothing for the spirit, the mood, the relationship. Mourning #8's move was hung over him and us all.

He's just signed for Celtic so I'll wish him all the best in that venture.

Jurgen Klopp

When Rodgers was sacked I hoped "the next manager is a good person, someone who can work well with our players."

Enter Jürgen Norbert Klopp.

I didn't like him (again don't like change) until his first Liverpool interview, by his first press conference I was in love. He knows exactly what to say to win over hearts and minds, that's for sure. I believe in him to the point of believing he can and will reincarnate Shankly's/ Paisley's Liverpool, as much as that's possible in this era.

He's dealt with injuries, young players and the sorry bunch that we were calling the 1st team so well. In 7 months he has transformed the whole club, of course he still needs more time and players of his own choosing to truly transform our beloved club. I followed January transfer expecting him to do something, no he trusted and worked with what he already had, I thought he was mad.

If you'd told me we'd have heros out of Lovren, Can, Firmino, basically most of them I'd have thought you were mad. If you told me league cup final and then Europa league final, again MAD but it really did happen and if he can do that and get mostly youth teams dealing with PL matches and producing amazing, fighting results IDC if we didn't get trophies or a good league position I just can't wait for what's to come. There's method in his madness.

He's brought back the light, doubters to believers.

Captaincy- Henderson and Milner but I lost count how many others we had has captain

Obviously Gerrard's armband was going to be a big armband to fill, it's tough, they will be compared and they will not make the grade.

Henderson- he really didn't get a fair chance with all the injuries he's had this season and then when he did get to play he obviously wasn't as good as he can be because he was always just back from injury. I've seen rumours that could be transferred but if he stays I don't think he should be captain.