Mysterious Stranger

2.     Mysterious stranger

        It has been three years since Eric’s passing. Tonight was the first night of me going out and actually attempting to move on, although there is still a big gaping hole in my heart where Eric is supposed to be. He is the only one who can fill it back up. My friend Anastasia, who I call Staci for short, convinced me that clubbing is the only choice. Of course she would, she’s the type to break hearts not fix them. I sighed as I put on my black flats and was right about to walk out, when Anastasia the friggin friendly ghost pops up in my way and gasps horrifically.

      “Oh no sweetie, get back inside. That drabby t-shirt dress thing is NOT going to work!”

      I roll my eyes already knowing that was going to be expected. If I didn’t dress like a model, there was no use going out with her.

      “Lauren, do you believe a guy will ask you out right now with you looking like that?” I just shook my head and headed over to my room closet. Staci was already rummaging through it like a mad woman, after awhile she finally came across one selection. A low cut, saucy, black number that fit my petite body nicely. I raked my eyes over it, remembering the last time I wore that thing. It was on Eric and I’s first date…I shook the memory out of my head the second it came.

      “I’ll go change” I said over my shoulder heading towards my bathroom. I came out seconds later trying to make the dress longer; Staci noticed and slapped my hand.

      “No, you want it short. Now I found these heels in your closet also, wear them or I will beat you with them.” I laughed sitting down on my king sized bed, taking off my flats, and replacing them with the black heels.

      “Alright, look at you!” she squeals turning me around to face my body sized mirror. My mouth almost dropped, I never knew I looked this good before. The dress hugged me tightly, the heels added some height but I was still quite short. My curly black hair flowed past my chest and rested freely. My makeup somehow I did great; it was just the outfit all together that I had on before that sucked ass.

      The club was full of energy I haven’t experienced in a long time. Staci pulled me through the crowd and towards the bar, right as I sit down I notice a guy on the other side of the bar watching me. He was tall; muscular was for sure, and attractive. His features were well defined by the tight white tee that showed the eight pack taunting me underneath. His obsidian hair was wild. I smiled and tore my eyes away to look over at Staci. She raised her eyebrows winking; “I would devour that.” I laughed. I looked back over there and the mysterious guy had vanished. I looked around for him desperately; but only saw bodies on each other, and the music pulsing through me.

      Then the memories come.

      “Lauren, want to dance?” I look over at Eric ecstatic. “Of course I want to!” he pulled me up into his arms. He twirled me to the old jazz CD his parents had given him when they were moving. He swung me around and we fell onto the couch. Laughter rang around our apartment.

            “Excuse me?” I turned around snapping awake from day dreams of Eric. The guy I saw earlier stood behind me, wearing a smirk. My God this guy was even more compelling up close.

            “Hey” I smiled, overlooking him in a quick glance. His smirk grew and he sat down next to me, right then I notice Staci is gone. I started instinctually looking around for her, but the mystery guy brought me back to him once more.

            “Don’t worry about your friend she’s off with this guy. I’m Kai by the way”

            Kai? I like the sound of it, it’s exotic.