The call

I awoke in the hospital, IV stuck to my arm and a very attractive doctor staring down at me clipboard in hand.

            “Afternoon miss, looks like you passed out from dehydration, but you’ll be back up in no time I promise.” He smiled, scribbled some more and nodded at the doorway, when I glanced over there; Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun stood waiting. Once the doctor signaled for them to enter they all hurried in and hoarded me with questions of what happened. Baek knew the real reason of why it happened and he kept watching my facial expressions.

            “I’m fine guys; I’m going to be okay, okay?” I managed to let out a laugh and their faces softened. Kyungsoo’s phone began to ring and he answered, his face hardened but he looked over at me and handed me the phone.

            “Hello?” I said.

            The voice on the other line didn’t say anything.

            “Hello?” I tried again.

            “Lauren…” It was him, it was Kai. I couldn’t breathe for a few seconds, my heart went crazy, and I felt so happy and mad and had the serious urge to cry.

            “Kai?” I said tears forming and slipping down my face.

            Everyone turned to look at me, eyes sad and angry, Chanyeol stiffened. Baekhyun looked sad and there was Kyungsoo who looked like he was on the verge of tears.

            “How are you doing?” he asked, he sounded so weak, and depressed and it broke my heart. “I’m fine” I started crying out of happiness and sadness. Chanyeol ripped the phone away at that and started yelling.

            “She’s not okay; she’s in the hospital to be exact. Now I know what you’re going through is hard but you’re making us suffer and then you have the nerve to call?” His voice went up another octave.

            “Chanyeol, stop” Baek pleaded.

            “It’s better than nothing” I chimed in. Chanyeol eyed me.

            “For a whole week he hasn’t called, he hasn’t shown us one ounce of him being alright.”

            Kyungsoo whipped his head around and glared at Chanyeol. “He called me” He yelled. Chanyeol squeezed his eyes shut gripping the phone in his hand, between clenched teeth he growled, “We are your family Kai. You can at least call me and Baek and the rest of the pack, you don’t have to be so selfish.”

            Baekhyun ripped the phone away from Chanyeol and said frantically, “Kai, you do whatever you want okay? I hope you’re okay and I’m sorry” He hung up and handed it back to Kyungsoo never leaving his eyes from Chanyeol. Chanyeol hung his head down, not meeting with Baekhyun’s eyes.

            “Outside now.” Was all Baek said and he followed him out the door. Kyungsoo wiped a few tears from his eyes before sitting on the bed next to me.

            “You didn’t do anything wrong Kyungsoo. “ I said reaching over and ruffling up his hair. He smirked and looked at me.

            “I didn’t mean to cause anything, it’s just. Kai. He told me he wants you to move on Lauren and you and I both know you love him way too much to let him go. He wants you to be happy, he told me to take care of you and I’m doing a pretty shitty job at it.”

            “Hey, look at me. You’re not doing a bad job, it’s just we all are hurt. It’s hard on all of us. If Kai wants me to move on, then he should just push me away, completely. I don’t think he really wants me to. He just wants it to be easier for him to go” I smiled sadly. Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around me and hummed a song. I sighed listening to him hum away, his voice was so beautiful and I thought about what Kai had said to Kyungsoo.

            Baek and Chanyeol came back, Baek holding Chanyeol’s hand and they both looked at me and Kyungsoo. Baek winked, Chanyeol smirked. My eyes widened at what they were implying and I suddenly blurted, “Uh can someone go check when I can get out of here?” I said voice shaking. Chanyeol left and Baek stayed, still staring. I looked up at Kyungsoo and his wide eyes were lost as he was humming away. At that I squeezed my eyes shut, leaned into his body and fell asleep.