O' Death

“Lauren?” I was awoken by someone harshly shaking me, gasping I opened my eyes suddenly drenched in sweat. Baekhyun was above me wiping away a few tears that were betraying my eyes.

            “You had a nightmare, you were screaming in your sleep again.” he said with a worried expression. I looked past him and saw Kyungsoo behind him watching me too. He looked more exhausted than Baekhyun. Kai was tearing us all apart.

            “I want to see him” I croaked out. They looked at each other for a moment and Baekhyun turned back to look at me, “I know sweetie but you can’t”

            “Who says?” I snap and Baekhyun looked hurt for a second before smiling sadly at me.

            “It’s hard on all of us Hun, okay? Kai says we can’t see him so we won’t”

            Kyungsoo looked down at his feet before meeting my gaze. “I think we should take our minds off this, let’s go out and do something.” Baekhyun clasped his hands together in excitement and yanked me up before I could complain. He made me wear a really pretty sundress today that we got at the mall and he put my hair up in a high pony tail.

            When I went out into the living room with Baekhyun Kyungsoo and Chanyeol looked at me and smiled brightly.

            “Wow! Look at you!” Kyungsoo chimed, Chanyeol just smiled at me making me blush from all the compliments and I just muttered a thanks before we headed out.

            We went to a park and Kyungsoo had made us all a huge lunch, so we laid down a plaid blanket for us all to sit on and he laid out all of the delicious looking food. The whole time we ate my mind was on Kai and what he was probably doing right now and it made me sad to think he was all alone thinking of death and that’s not something a person should have to think about in isolation. What I would give to hold him in my arms, get drunk off of his musk, taste his lips one more time before he left this earth.

            I see you’re thinking about him again, hmm? Why not me? Is he more important than I am? Eric’s voice stabbed through my thoughts and he was seated right beside me. I glared at him, he wasn’t Eric anymore, he was vengeance, he was rage, he was regret now.

            “So Lauren, do you like the food?” Kyungsoo said grinning at me, I put on a smile and took a bite out of the kimchi spaghetti he had made for us. I nodded my head and gave him two thumbs up, and his sweet face lit up even more. I watched as Baekhyun and Chanyeol fed each other and they even did the Lady and the Tramp scene where they both eat one long spaghetti noodle and they end up kissing each other. Chanyeol had protested but Baekhyun forced him too and said he wouldn’t be less manly if he were cute for just once in his life.

            Look at me Lauren, Look at me! With one harsh movement my head was spun around and I was eye to eye with a black eyed Eric, nostrils flaring. I was frozen, I tried to turn away but I felt like something was squeezing me tight and wasn’t about to let go.

            You think you can just ignore me? Huh? You think it’s that easy to just leave me behind so you can go ahead and forget me? I’ve loved you way too long for you to just throw me away like this. You’re mine Lauren, you hear me? Mine. You better say goodbye to all your friends and your lover because this is the last time you will ever see them.

            My breath was gone, my body cold and numb, and the only thing I could see was this bright aura radiating around me. Muffled in the distance were the cries of Baek and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol calling my name. Kyungsoo’s angelic face came into my vision and he was holding me tight, tears pouring down his face. “Lauren?”

            “He’s going to kill me…” I rasped out, I felt weak.

            “What?” he said, brows furrowed his doe eyes confused.

            “My dead ex…is going to kill me….”

            Before I knew it, stars blurred my vision, and then all I could see was nothing. Just blackness. Was this death wrapping its wings around me and pulling me down with it? Was this the end of it all?