Another pain added to the belt of hope

My heart was slowly breaking there is no doubt about that, I lied next to Kyungsoo feeling the rise and fall of his chest, I listened to the way his voice vibrated throughout his body when he spoke to me, and I absolutely adored it. There is only one problem, I cannot get Kai out of my mind for one second; it’s killing me. I curl up even closer to Kyungsoo and I nudge him with my elbow and he stops talking and looks down at me.

            “Why did you decide that now you would confess to me?” he let out a small smile.

            “I just felt like it, that’s all”

            “Mmhmm” I mutter before laying my head back down again.

            I can feel his warmth, his breath, his heartbeat.

            I wanted to lie like that forever.

            As I lied there, I remember the pearl Kai gave me and what he said to me about it. I felt like there was something inside of me believing every word he said to me, if he knew he was going to die why he would even get involved with me in the first place. It’s been awhile since we were dating, but how could this all fall apart now? Why was Eric turning evil? Why do I feel content with Kyungsoo yet guilty deep down?

            Anger wavered over me like a thick cloud ready to drench the earth with rain. I got up and pulled Kyungsoo up with me, I opened my top dresser drawer, and retrieved the pearl that was hidden under some socks.

            Without a word I passed by Baek and Chanyeol seated on the couch and watched us as we walked past.

            “Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asked as we walked down the porch steps and down the dirt road out to the main street.

            “I’m not done talking to Kai, Kyungsoo.”

            He grabbed a hold of my wrist making me stumble back a little bit, I glared at him, his face was sad and concerned as he stared back.

            “It’s not a good idea Lauren. Look, he’s upset and you’re upset let’s just go back inside. Okay? Let’s wait awhile before we see him again”

            “I just need answers…” I muttered.

            “And you will get them with time” he replied. I looked down and back up and he was still looking at me with the same expression. I ripped my wrist away from his hold and was about to turn to go back inside when I noticed his eyes glimmering gold and I paused in my tracks before I heard a deep throaty chuckle behind me.

            I turned to see where Kyungsoo was glaring and there stood Kris, and the girl named Rashka grinning at us. I walked slowly to hold Kyungsoo’s trembling hand.

            “Oh isn’t this sweet?” Kris grinned, “Where is he? I sure as hell don’t smell him.”

            Kyungsoo Stiffened, “He isn’t here obviously, so go find him yourself, bet you won’t know where he is though.” Kyungsoo taunted with a smirk to follow. I heard the door to the house open and close before Baek and Chanyeol was at our sides, I glanced at their expressions and their eyes were gold as well, their faces stone cold.

            “Don’t toy with me asshole, where is he?”

            He met with my eyes, and his face went from angry to sly.

            “How come you don’t know?”

            Baek spoke up this time, “Just get of here Kris obviously we don’t know so just go.”

            “We had a fight and then he left” Is all I said, trying hard to not let my lie fumble.

            Kris just nodded, and looked over at Rashka she tilted her head to the side eyeing me up and down greedily before she signaled for them to retreat.

            I shivered with fear as they turned away without anything else being said. When they were out of sight, I forgot about everyone else around me and ran inside straight to the spa like bathroom, I curled up in the tub and hugged my knees and cried as hard as could and I wished deep down in my soul that God could just take away this all and mend it into something peaceful and not as horrible, but sometimes when we wish for things they don’t always happen that way. At least for me it never was that way.