The boy with the honey like voice

“God damn it!” I yelled putting my cut finger to my lips. This is why I don’t cook. I thought to myself busying around the kitchen I haven’t used in ages. Kai was coming over with one of his friends Kyungsoo, apparently they were child hood friends and Kai wanted him to meet me.

            As I went to wash my hands, and search for a band aid, Eric’s reflection stared back at me in the bathroom mirror. I froze, anger and fear swirling inside of me. Not now.

            “Eric leave me alone.” I gritted grabbing the box of band aids and ripping one open before applying it on my finger. I didn’t dare look at his face knowing it was going to be filled with pain. So I turned on my heels and went back to making dinner. I made sure to wear a nice formal frilly dress, and have my hair and makeup nice and simple. Of course Staci came over earlier today to double check on me, and to find out the details of what happened when I stayed the night at Kai’s.

            I smiled at the memory.

            Within another half hour the doorbell rang and I opened the door to see Kai, and his surprisingly handsome yet squishy adorable friend by the name of Kyungsoo.

            “Are all your friends this handsome?” I asked teasingly. Kai rolled his eyes and kissed me, and I held out my hand to shake Kyungsoo’s.

            “Hi, my name is Lauren and you must be Kyungsoo?” He nodded and took my hand returning the gesture while smiling the most angelic smile I have ever seen.

            “Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you! Come on in, dinner is about to ready so have a seat in the den and I’ll be right out.” I showed them where it was and practically ran to the kitchen, anxiety high. I prepared the table in the den while I ran back to get the food.

            “Okay, I hope you guys like Fettuccini.” Kyungsoo stared at the noodles with wide eyes, and looked up at me as I sat down. Uncomfortable with the stare I quickly blurted “Oh God please don’t tell me you’re allergic to Alfredo, I can make something else if you want!” A sudden burst of bubbly laughter erupted from the small man.

            “No, I was going to say it smelled good! Jeez.” I relaxed, blushing. Kai snickered twirling the noodles with his fork before taking a bite.

            “So Kyungsoo…Kai told me you sing?” I say, taking a bite.

            “Yeah, of course he would tell you that. Did he tell you how we used to work at a bar together, him the dancer, I the main stage?” Kai shoved him lightly.

            “Nuh-uh! Don’t even!  You know that I was the main attraction.”

            “Oh trust me. The only women you got were the old women. I got the good ladies”

            I couldn’t help but grin at the way they bickered. They were definitely close.

            “Why don’t you sing a bit for me?” I say. And I saw his expression go from joking to serious. “Yah, why?” he groaned leaning back a bit. Kai patted his back, urging him on.

            It was quiet for a moment before he took a sharp breath and sang:

She’s my lady

I will completely fall into your dazzling lips

I’m running into your heart~

             My jaw dropped. His voice was sweet and it sounded like melted honey. I clasped my hands together and grin meeting his eyes.

            “Wow, Kyungsoo you’re one hell of a singer” I say and Kai smiles at my response.

            “Thanks” he smiles and finishes his food. After dinner we all gathered around in my living room, and I handed them both a bottle of beer while I took one for myself.

            “So, you guys have to have to have some crazy times, any I should know about?” Kai snuggled close to me, and wrapped his arm around me. Kyungsoo sat in the love seat I had and stared at us before smiling evilly.

            “I’ll tell her if you won’t” Kai squeezed my shoulder tightly and groaned, embarrassed.

            “Oh Christ Soo, you tell her.”

            “So there was this one time in High school, Mr. Kai over here wanted to get drunk. So being the good friend that I am, I decided to sneak him some. Anyways by the end of the night he was a wreck, blubbering and he spilled alcohol all over his shirt. So I tried to take his shirt off and he started getting weird and hitting on me. Long story short his parents walked in, and thought we were about to, uh well you know. It was the most embarrassing thing ever” he was holding his stomach laughing hysterically. Kai was covering his face with his hands, red. I raised my eyebrows, taking the beer from him.

            “But-“he whined.

            “No, Kai you flirt. I’ll save this for you another day”

            “Oh-ho-ho” Kyungsoo taunted giggling like a mad man.

            It was soon time for them to leave and it was pretty late. I walked them to the door, hugging Kyungsoo, and kissing Kai before shutting my door. I took a long hot shower and curled up in bed, squeezing my eyes shut, and waiting for a deep sleep to come over me when a knock on my door beckoned me out of bed.

            When I opened the door, I wasn’t expecting what was happening:

            A small, petite, long haired girl pointing a gun directly in my face