Gold

I opened my eyes slightly, everything in a blur, my whole right side sore from being thrown onto concrete. The first person I wanted to look for was Kai. But with all the commotion around me, I didn’t know who was who, all I saw were the faint outline of shapes, and I heard the sound of inhumane growls and screeches. I tried to push myself up, but once I started to lift my upper body, the whole world span in a craze. I lifted my eyes, heavy and still trying to get used to everything, the scene in front of me, was gory and I swear I thought it was unreal.

            A light haired brunette was on top of a male with pitch black hair, snarling, teeth lengthened beyond what humans considered canines. The male with black hair shoved him off, sending him flying backwards yet landing on his feet. I searched through the wrestling bodies for one individual in particular and there he was, smirking. His luscious lips curved upwards, taunting Kris who too was challenging Kai with a grin.

            I finally got myself into a crawling position, about to stand, watching every move Kai made and Kris and anyone else who came near. That’s when a hand gripped my shoulder causing me to yelp. I turned to see Kyungsoo; eyes which were once dark brown were now golden orbs.

            “Oh my God, Kyungsoo!” he helped me stagger up to a standing position.

            A faint blush tinted his cheeks; He glanced at my outfit and stared into my eyes.

            “They sure didn’t give you a chance to get ready now did they?” he laughed. Now was not the time to be joking.

            “Kyungsoo, what the hell is this all about?” I said, and his eyes darted downwards, possibly considering what to tell me, when the same light brunette boy came out of nowhere and shoved Kyungsoo back, falling into a huge pile of boxes filled with God knows what.

            “Kyung!” I screamed, running towards his aid, my heart raced, and the light brunette who seconds ago shoved the petite owl boy was now pinned to the ground by a red haired boy with the most peculiar eyes, he had dark circles under them indicating maybe years of lost sleep he will never get back but it was somehow charming.

            Kai came up behind me, spun me around to face him and hugged me tightly. He smelled of sweat and blood. After the embrace he ran to where Kyungsoo was shoving every other boy out of the way so he could be the one to go and assist him. I watched in slow motion as he picked up the little guy he claimed as his best friend, blood trickling out of the corner of his mouth, his eyes were heavy lidded peering up at Kai. He looked so fragile and weak; he grasped the color of Kai’s shirt gasping for air.

            I can’t describe to you what happened in Kai when he saw the friend he spent most of his life with, in agonizing pain. It was like the bad guys were forgotten God knows where they went. I looked around at the boys that had ganged up on Kai’s side, worried expressions coursing their beautiful faces. These were not monsters. These were humans that had a darkness living within them, and don’t we all?

            “Kai?” I heard Kyungsoo say with a rasp in his voice.

            “Yeah Soo?” Kai replied wiping away the blood coming out of the side of his mouth.

            “I’m okay. Just get me home. That’s all I want is home…” Kyungsoo then shut his eyes, but you could still hear the wheezing sound of him breathing, inhale, exhale hell I didn’t know the guy for more than a day and I felt like I had to save him.

            “We need to take him to a hospital Kai” I said, staring at the sleeping angel in his arms.

            He chuckled, “Lauren, he’s going to heal up just fine. It’s hard to kill one of us you know?”

            I grimaced, angry. Like hell I know. I know I promised myself I wouldn’t get angry at him, but he could have died over me, hell any one of these people could have died. I was trembling with anger, Kai’s eyes piercing mine. One of his friends who were really tall, and was wearing glasses looked at me in confusion.

            “Actually Kai, I don’t know. After you put Kyungsoo somewhere safe where I know he will be okay, and your friends who need to be looked at too, you are telling me what this shit is all about, do you understand me?” He nodded his head, and his friends walked towards the door as I stared Kai down.

            He looked worried, defeated, and I instantly felt bad for yelling at him. I followed him outside and we walked over to Kai’s car, and I stayed in the back seat with a sleeping Kyungsoo curled up in my lap.

            “Kai…I’m sorry”

            He didn’t say anything at first; he glanced in the rearview mirror and smiled.

            “It’s okay, when we get home I promise to tell you everything” I smiled back, looking down at Kyungsoo, rushing my fingers through his hair.

            I cringed at the memory of Eric lying in my arms losing blood, and his precious life. Kyungsoo’s breathing wasn’t a wheeze anymore; it was even with no disruptions. He was so precious with his eyes closed and not staring into my soul or freaking me out. He’s lucky to have Kai. And I guess I am too.

*Alright guys, I updated and I’m going to update again soon. Love you!*